Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNA Is Doing Well For Vintage Intel Hardware

Phoronix: SNA Is Doing Well For Vintage Intel Hardware

While not yet the default means of 2D acceleration for the Intel driver, the SNA architecture is even reportedly performing well -- better than UXA -- for the old Intel 855...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Slightly off-topic:

I still wonder if OpenGL 3.0 comes to Arrandale/Clarkdale chips? Half a year ago, airlied has mentioned that some bits were missing. Will there ever be OGL3 on this platform?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabauke View Post
      Slightly off-topic:

I still wonder if OpenGL 3.0 comes to Arrandale/Clarkdale chips? Half a year ago, airlied has mentioned that some bits were missing. Will there ever be OGL3 on this platform?
      I don't know the answer, but keep in mind that Intel only just started ramping up their IGP effort to make it a viable gaming / professional 3d platform. Ivy Bridge still doesn't hold a candle to a discrete GPU, but it has a comparable feature set (DX11) and should be able to compete with the passively cooled variants of the discrete Radeon and GeForces.

Comment

Working...
      X