Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: AMD Evergreen Compute Support Lands Mainline

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontostroy View Post
    I build all with this instruction, but all opencl-examples shows me
    Code:
     /home/downloads/git/opencl-example/hello_world 
    radeon: Failed to get PCI ID, error number -13
    There are 1 platforms.
    clGetDeviceIDs() failed: CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
    I use hd6770 (juniper).
    In what may be the problem?
    error numbe -13 = EACCES (Permission denied). Maybe try as root as a workaround

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default sup

    I have a Mobility Radeon 5400 Series Card, will this also affect me?

    I really can't wait to fully switch to the free Radeon Drivers...
    My current situation is that the free Drivers keep my fans spinning on my Laptop due to heat generation, therefore I am using the Proprietary ones.
    I have tried nearly everything to reduce the heat, but nothing ever worked (Options like ForceLowPowerMode/ClockGating/DynamicPM/etc).

    I guess my main question is, what will it improve?

    Actually I got another question... when will the free Radeon Drivers be usable with Wine?
    The last time I tried, I couldn't get 3D Acceleration working through wine, at least that's what DXDiag told me.

    Damn, this got me exited again!
    Keep it up AMD!
    ;D

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Toruń, Poland
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bug! View Post
    Actually I got another question... when will the free Radeon Drivers be usable with Wine?
    The last time I tried, I couldn't get 3D Acceleration working through wine, at least that's what DXDiag told me.
    Are you sure you had the proper drivers installed? I mean there is the case, where you have 64 bit system - then you have to install install 32 bit mesa alongside the 64 bit one in order to utilise hardware acceleration in wine.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    59

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirager View Post
    Are you sure you had the proper drivers installed? I mean there is the case, where you have 64 bit system - then you have to install install 32 bit mesa alongside the 64 bit one in order to utilise hardware acceleration in wine.
    You are indeed correct, I was missing the 32bit libs, my bad!
    It works like a charm, dxdiag completes all Graphics related tests via. the Radeon Drivers perfectly.

    The 64 Bit Snake has bitten me once again... I should have known this.

    Now I'm off to tackle the Heat once more!
    Last edited by bug!; 06-02-2012 at 08:24 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,540

    Default

    The power management options you mentioned mostly sound obsolete -- all the PM code is in the kernel these days rather than the X driver. Take a look at the following link and see if that helps :

    http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature#...gement_Options

    The dynpm options still has problems on a lot of systems, so try the profile approach first. Either low or mid should reduce the heat -- mid is the best option if your VBIOS includes a "mid" profile.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bug! View Post
    Actually I got another question... when will the free Radeon Drivers be usable with Wine?
    The last time I tried, I couldn't get 3D Acceleration working through wine, at least that's what DXDiag told me.
    i use wine for gaming on a daily basis for games like HON (directX renderer not openGL)
    other high complex 3D games like ARMA2 also run with the radeon driver but wine can not handle the mouse and keyboard input.

    in other words its your configuration.

    try to use wine tricks and install the directX dll's also try to use a radeon version with s3tc support and install the s3tc lib also try to use a radeon version with patented stuff enabled like the floading point graphic.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tstellar View Post
    You need to run those programs as root if X is running.
    .
    It works (almost).
    Code:
    /home/downloads/git/opencl-example/hello_world 
    There are 1 platforms.
    There are 1 GPU devices.
    clCreateContext() succeeded.
    clCreateCommandQueue() succeeded.
    clCreateProgramWithSource() suceeded.
    clBuildProgram() suceeded.
    clCreateKernel() suceeded.
    clCreateBuffer() succeeded.
    clSetKernelArg() succeeded.
    radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
    clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() suceeded.
    clEnqueueReadBuffer() suceeded.
    pi = 0.000000
    Code:
    [  424.341250] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_surface_check_linear_aligned:209 cb pitch 8 invalid must be aligned with 128
    [  424.341254] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_cs_track_validate_cb:422 cb[0] invalid (0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000010 0x04000134)
    [  424.341257] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_packet3_check:2110 invalid cmd stream 628
    [  424.341259] [drm:radeon_cs_ib_chunk] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontostroy View Post
    It works (almost).
    Code:
    /home/downloads/git/opencl-example/hello_world 
    There are 1 platforms.
    There are 1 GPU devices.
    clCreateContext() succeeded.
    clCreateCommandQueue() succeeded.
    clCreateProgramWithSource() suceeded.
    clBuildProgram() suceeded.
    clCreateKernel() suceeded.
    clCreateBuffer() succeeded.
    clSetKernelArg() succeeded.
    radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
    clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() suceeded.
    clEnqueueReadBuffer() suceeded.
    pi = 0.000000
    Code:
    [  424.341250] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_surface_check_linear_aligned:209 cb pitch 8 invalid must be aligned with 128
    [  424.341254] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_cs_track_validate_cb:422 cb[0] invalid (0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000010 0x04000134)
    [  424.341257] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_packet3_check:2110 invalid cmd stream 628
    [  424.341259] [drm:radeon_cs_ib_chunk] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
    What kernel version are you using?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tstellar View Post
    What kernel version are you using?
    Code:
    uname -a
    Linux linux-gyo1 3.4.0-5-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 25 15:45:36 UTC 2012 (64b97cd) i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    drm-next have same problem

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontostroy View Post
    Code:
    uname -a
    Linux linux-gyo1 3.4.0-5-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 25 15:45:36 UTC 2012 (64b97cd) i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    drm-next have same problem
    Ok, you should file a bug at bugs.freedesktop.org. You might have better success with an older kernel, it was working on my Juniper with 3.2, and I've been using 3.1 for most of my testing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •