AMD Catalyst 12.6 Beta improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    That why you need to put valid signature follow instruction.
    For me it was a simple matter of copying the control and signature files from the 12.4 release to /etc/ati. Even easier than following the instructions to the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by rherbert57 View Post
      copying the control and signature files from the 12.4 release to /etc/ati
      Or download it. Every way is working anyway.

Comment

I just want to say after almost a week, that they finally fixed "ASIC hang happened" which in my case was causing hangs during going sleep (not wakeup - it always worked). I'm using HD 5770 on Debian Sid and I'm so happy with full working sleep/wakeup after almost a year of struggle with that.

Comment

Any previsions for a new beta driver with Debian amd64 xorg 1.12 support?

Comment

Originally posted by Massa View Post
            Hi xgt001,

It's working for me under Fedora 17 64-bit with Xorg 1.12 and kernel 3.3.7-1.fc17.x86_64.

It's also quite snappier on my AMD E-350, very happy with this release so far.

Just don't update to the 3.4.0-1 kernel and you'll be fine. Otherwise it's either go back to 3.3.7-1 or use Gallium. That was my mistake and kmod-catalyst is taking a while.

Comment

Originally posted by vitorgatti View Post
              Didn't work. I can't remove the watermark saying "AMD Testing use only".
              It seems that there is no signature inside the driver install script.

Anybody managed to remove/hide it?

Thanks
              What's your distro?

I use Fedora 17 GNOME 64-bit on Kernel 3.3.7.

#!/bin/sh
              DRIVER=/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
              for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
              sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
              done

Save as fixwatermark.sh
              chmod +x to make it executable
              su -c 'sh ./fixwatermark.sh'

then log out and back in.

That worked for me.

Again, this is on kernel 3.3.7 for Fedora 17 64-bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
                Please tell me they have/will be fixing suspend/resume...

Driving me nuts on my Fusion powered netbook. fglrx does everything better than the open source driver (power management and HD video playback etc) EXCEPT I cant suspend the machine without it coming back up with a blank screen. very frustrating.
                Same here, but that is with all distros for me.
                My hardware is A6-3400M x4 1.2~2.4 (scaled) with 6 GB RAM, 600 HDD, Radeon HD 6520G.

Comment

using the beta on my 7850 with the watermark patch

performance is about the same, but it does fix a texture rendering problem in vdrift
                  also not compatible with kernel 3.4.x but there might be hacks for that too ...

Comment

Fianally a driver that doesn't crash my laptop (E350, HD6310) on suspend/resume! But it took AMD over a year to fix this bug and that's really unacceptable. I had a crash with serious graphic corruption though when changing the backligt so it's not stable enough yet but I'm looking forward to the final version!

Comment

Originally posted by nej_simon View Post
                      Fianally a driver that doesn't crash my laptop (E350, HD6310) on suspend/resume! But it took AMD over a year to fix this bug and that's really unacceptable. I had a crash with serious graphic corruption though when changing the backligt so it's not stable enough yet but I'm looking forward to the final version!
                      Hello,

Could you please write the details about suspend/resume.
                      Did you just uninstall the old driver and simply install this one or you had to make some additional changes e.g. pm-utils configs or xorg.conf ?
                      what is your linux distribution, krenel version, xorg version and so on.
                      There are a lot of poeple with C60 cpu that waiting for the suspend/resume solution too, but somehow this beta crushes on resume for me too.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                      X