X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ubuntu segfaults as well

Originally posted by rechapit View Post
    Having the same issue. posted a bug report here
    woah looks like Ubuntu 12.04 too has the issue, got the segfault after I upgraded the xserver packages from xorg edgers ppa... amd64 here... and like i said before, no such issues on arch with xserver 1.12

Comment

Maybe it is related to the used gcc version.

Comment

Please tell me they have/will be fixing suspend/resume...

Driving me nuts on my Fusion powered netbook. fglrx does everything better than the open source driver (power management and HD video playback etc) EXCEPT I cant suspend the machine without it coming back up with a blank screen. very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
          Take control file and signature from stable build, not beta.
          Thanks, worked grepping a signature from a stable release.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
            Please tell me they have/will be fixing suspend/resume...

Driving me nuts on my Fusion powered netbook. fglrx does everything better than the open source driver (power management and HD video playback etc) EXCEPT I cant suspend the machine without it coming back up with a blank screen. very frustrating.
            well, even my laptop has the same issue , though i do this little workaround of increasing the brightness a bit when i resume ,..this gets me rid of the blank screen, but it is annoying to do this everytime

Comment

Funnyly the 32 bit driver works with wheezy's xserver 1.12...

Comment

Originally posted by xgt001 View Post
                well, even my laptop has the same issue , though i do this little workaround of increasing the brightness a bit when i resume ,..this gets me rid of the blank screen, but it is annoying to do this everytime
                Wait that works?

I always suspected its more the display since it seems the machine is actually waking up and responding to commands but i never figured brightness would be a factor.

Comment

it works

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
                  Wait that works?

I always suspected its more the display since it seems the machine is actually waking up and responding to commands but i never figured brightness would be a factor.
                  even I discovered this by mistake.. i knew the machine was waking up because of the fan sound.. so tried increasing the brightness... this works every time on my machine..YMMV

Comment

Radeon HD 7750 3 monitors not working

Hi, I installed the catalyst 12.6 beta drivers on my linux mint 13 maya system, using a radeon 7750 with hdmi, dvi-i and display port. extending the workspace to the hdmi and dvi works fine, but the monitor with the display port (using a display port to dvi adaptor) is not receiving a signal from the card. When I boot and post, I can see the bios bootup, but then goes black while the other two monitors are able to display the linux mint workspace. I'll look further.

Comment

Originally posted by eronquillo View Post
                      Hi, I installed the catalyst 12.6 beta drivers on my linux mint 13 maya system, using a radeon 7750 with hdmi, dvi-i and display port. extending the workspace to the hdmi and dvi works fine, but the monitor with the display port (using a display port to dvi adaptor) is not receiving a signal from the card. When I boot and post, I can see the bios bootup, but then goes black while the other two monitors are able to display the linux mint workspace. I'll look further.
                      Send bugreport: http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EAC

Comment

Working...
                      X