Humble Indie Bundle V Launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    Had a bit of an orange surge last night - signatories jumped from 39 to 113, beating the assigned goal it gave it of 100 people in less than three days.
    This is great news.

Comment

pure 64 bit

Only Amnesia worked flawless on my pure 64 bit machine with git mesa 4670 radeon drivers
      The rest couldn't launch 32 bit or wine junk or was defective, please provide 64 bit tarballs for everywhere you provide 64 bit debs.

Comment

Anyone knows how to solve the black screen problem on Bastion game with ATI oss drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by pheldens View Post
          Only Amnesia worked flawless on my pure 64 bit machine with git mesa 4670 radeon drivers
          The rest couldn't launch 32 bit or wine junk or was defective, please provide 64 bit tarballs for everywhere you provide 64 bit debs.
          If there's a 64-bit deb but not a 64-bit tarball that means that there is no 64-bit build. The 64-bit deb is just to install the 32-bit version on 64-bit systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
            Anyone knows how to solve the black screen problem on Bastion game with ATI oss drivers?
            Works fine here.

I'm guessing you're having a problem with s3tc and/or 32-bit libs?

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
              Works fine here.

I'm guessing you're having a problem with s3tc and/or 32-bit libs?
              Sorry, just installed libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0 lib, now works.

Comment

luzl from russia

Tell me, you have a RSS Feed of this blog ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                  The thing is, I am not petitioning the developers - I am petitioning the Humble Bundle guys themselves. The Bundle is a showcase for cross-platform DRM-independent games. If you have a problem with one of your middlewares that prevents it being properly ported to Linux, it should not qualify for the showcase. Other developers have put a lot of effort into making sure there games ran natively on Linux - including ripping out such incompatible middlewares in favour of better supported cross-platform ones. I do not see why LIMBO got a free ride.
                  What about the Flash games? Isn't that even more of a free ride? Or do you see that as inherently native?

Comment

Well, that is merely a runtime, so it does qualify as being native I guess. But Flash games are completely different kettle of fish that afflicts us all...

Comment

Open source

I'll buy only if it's open source, else not.

Paying for proprietary software?
                      You got to be fucking kidding me.

Comment

Working...
                      X