Humble Indie Bundle V Launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
    So, there are at least one game that have a wine wrapper? There are more wine games in this bundle?
    Just the one, Limbo. Although it runs quite well regardless. What more people seem to have problems with is the "Shader Model 3" requirement.

Comment

Also, y'all... instead of whining on here about how you regret buying stuff due to bugs etc. - rather submit bug reports at Humble Bundle's support section. And post solutions if you have them.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybroomhandle View Post
        Also, y'all... instead of whining on here about how you regret buying stuff due to bugs etc. - rather submit bug reports at Humble Bundle's support section. And post solutions if you have them.
        You know, there?s a thing called QA that commercial development houses use to make sure the biggest problems are fixed before they sell their games. Customers aren?t supposed to do the QA for free, no, sorry, they aren?t supposed to _pay_ to do the QA? I?ll whine if I want, and I would have liked to read somewhere _before_ I bought the bundle that the games don?t work, so I don?t think that this ?whining? is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
          Code:
          Error: Couldn't find any suitable frontend for your system
          Great? I?m starting to regret buying it?
          That seems to be a bug in the installer, what it means to say is that your /tmp is full. It's the same for Bastion and Overgrowth.

Code:
          ./amnesia_tdd_1.2.1.sh --target /some/directory/that/will/be/deleted
          should do it.

Comment

Open source?

Any of the games are open source?
            It will be open source if they reach a target milestone income?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
              That seems to be a bug in the installer, what it means to say is that your /tmp is full. It's the same for Bastion and Overgrowth.

Code:
              ./amnesia_tdd_1.2.1.sh --target /some/directory/that/will/be/deleted
              should do it.
              Thanks! It worked, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                You know, there?s a thing called QA that commercial development houses use to make sure the biggest problems are fixed before they sell their games. Customers aren?t supposed to do the QA for free, no, sorry, they aren?t supposed to _pay_ to do the QA? I?ll whine if I want, and I would have liked to read somewhere _before_ I bought the bundle that the games don?t work, so I don?t think that this ?whining? is useless.
                Yes, I agree. I came here to the forum for that very reason, to see how it works. Thanks to you and others for posting your experiences! Of course it helps to give the devs feedback as well, but like you said, it's not like you must do it or else be at fault

Comment

I don't know how much good this will do, but I started a petition to protest the inclusion of a non-native game in a Humble Indie Bundle:

Please add your signature. It is worded in a very constructive way and it seemed like the most civil way to get our point across.

Comment

Signed, however, I'm not against using wine, as long as instaling the game its just "I agree next next next", and not digging through documentation on how to install it, or getting stupid errors like this "shader error".

Comment

At a Reddit AMA, someone asked of Tim Schafer: "How did the Humble Indie Bundles influence your decisions to port your games to Linux? What was the porting process like?"

The response -

"TimOfLegend: Linux was like a party that sounded fun we were afraid to go to because we didn't think we'd know anybody there, and the HiB guys were like your socially fearless friend who says, "Don't worry, we'll go together." And when he gets to your house he says, "Is that what you're wearing?" and you say, "uh..." and he says, "Don't worry. I know a guy." And he lends you a cool leather jacket and you go to the party and when you walk in there's a needle scratch and everybody turns to look at you and your friend gives a cool nod and then everybody goes back to the party. So kind of like a John Hughes film. Hope that helps explain things. That's about as technical as I can go. I just hope I don't accidentally knock over a beer can pyramid that some tough guys are building.

Oh and also, if you want to be cool at the party, stay away from wine. (haha! Linux joke!)"

Comment

Working...
                      X