Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA Receives A "Best Choice Award"

Phoronix: VIA Receives A "Best Choice Award"

VIA fired off an email this morning because they received a best choice award at Computex...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael seems to hate the irrelevant and dying VIA company for not sharing source code for their irrelevant and dying product(s).

Comment

This must the biggest humiliation for an Hardware company. \o/

Comment

Worst Choice Award

I consider VIA (along with SiS) to be worst choice.

I would never buy anything from VIA or SiS because their stuff sucks!
        I wouldn't buy from Belkin or Trust either.
        Last edited by uid313; 29 May 2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I consider VIA (along with SiS) to be worst choice.

I would never buy anything from VIA or SiS because their stuff sucks!
          I wouldn't buy from Belkin or Trust either.
          VIA is ok if you want an entire system made completely by 1 company - they are cheap. But otherwise there are better choices for a better price. I too hate Belkin, at least their routers. Some of their other things are ok.

Comment

Why bother with the quotation marks? It really was a Best Choice Award

Comment

lol.

For a cable.

lol.

Triumphant message. Thanks, that made my day.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                VIA is ok if you want an entire system made completely by 1 company - they are cheap. But otherwise there are better choices for a better price. I too hate Belkin, at least their routers. Some of their other things are ok.
                Then you going to use that system on Linux?
                And the graphics wont work or will barely work. Buggy and slow as hell.

My dad bought a Belkin router. I told dude you bought network gear from a company that sells iPod socks. What an idiot. The router sucked.

Comment

I don't get the hate, they made a product that extends the usb3 cable range from 3m to 100m. Their cable has really no bearing on their lack of FOSS support.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    I don't get the hate, they made a product that extends the usb3 cable range from 3m to 100m. Their cable has really no bearing on their lack of FOSS support.
                    Good for them.
                    It might be a good cable, but I still don't like them because all their other products suck.

I had a motherboard with their Via KT133 chipset and it BSOD a lot.

Had a laptop with the VIA Chrome graphics, and it got a flickering rectangle on the mouse pointer, so couldn't use it Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X