Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Linux Gamers Are Going Crazy For This New Game

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    None of those make it a AAA game. Development and marketing budgets are what determine AAA status.
    More or less. The term has no precise definition, but it is usually applied to games from big producers with big budgets. The press is probably the first to affix the status to a game and then everyone else refers to it as such. It has absolutely nothing to do with quality, player count or anything else, that much is certain.

None of those make it a AAA game. Development and marketing budgets are what determine AAA status.
    if HON isn't a AAA game then Counterstrike is also not a AAA game LOL

in the computer history sometimes ZERO budget games are called AAA game like: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong.

or do you call Pong not a AAA game?

the "budget" does not make a AAA game. its the "Popularity" in the "masses"

and if a game gets 100 000 and more players all the time day and night and people waiting in hold 30 minutes and longer to play a game then it is a AAA game.

sometimes all server are full and you wait 30 minutes or longer for a game and they have a lot servers LOL

also ETQW isn't a AAA game anymore compared to HON because HON do have many more "players"

i don't know the numbers for ETQW but even back in the time i played this game it was NEVER so FULL 100 000 people all the time ........

"online" this means HON do have maybe 5 million "players" because they can't be online all the time "day and night"

you can check the AAA status of ETQW easy :

http://www.enemyterritory.com/

website? =offline

http://community.enemyterritory.com/

community website? = Offline!

LOOOOOOOOOL

NO AAA game do have a "offline" website.

HON website: http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/spotvid_splash.php

well yes now its clear hon is a AAA game and ETQW is not.
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 05-26-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    well yes now its clear hon is a AAA game and ETQW is not.
    So what if it is and so what if it isn't? If it makes you feel better, I can call it an AAAAA game. I haven't worked out what that means yet but it sounds pretty good.

if HON isn't a AAA game then Counterstrike is also not a AAA game LOL
    Counterstrike is just a mod that Valve bought and then sold.

ETQW isn't a AAA game anymore compared to HON because HON do have many more "players"
    The amount of players has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with cost. Runescape routinely has 150,000 online players, does that mean Runescape is a higher quality game than HoN or ETQW or Modern Warfare 83: Jello Wrestling Prostitutes in Canada?

Counterstrike is just a mod that Valve bought and then sold.
    LOL and a MOD can not be a AAA game? LOL Counterstrike is one of the greatest games in computer history and you don't call it a AAA game.

The amount of players has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with cost. Runescape routinely has 150,000 online players, does that mean Runescape is a higher quality game than HoN or ETQW or Modern Warfare 83: Jello Wrestling Prostitutes in Canada?
    just tell me why is runescape not a AAA game if it is so popular?

i think "Quality" isn't a criteria for AAA games at all its simple if you do have many players then the "Quality" is so high you can't get a higher Prove of "Quality"

I'm a "Hardcore" gamer i always prefer games like counterstrike,arma2,HON,Tremulous,baldursgate2 compared to this hardcore games mainstream games like "battlefield" or "crisis" are "boring".

you can finish "crisis" in 5 hours because its only a graphic demo you can play every single game of these kind of games for years: "counterstrike,arma2,HON,Tremulous,baldursgate 2 "

Default Q, you have the weirdest defniition of a AAA game I've ever seen

or do you call Pong not a AAA game?
    No, pong is NOT a AAA game. I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim otherwise, until just now.

AAA status is determined mostly by the hype the game precipitates among the public. That's often directly connected to the size of a game's marketing budget, although not always.

LOL and a MOD can not be a AAA game? LOL Counterstrike is one of the greatest games in computer history and you don't call it a AAA game.
    Because it's not a AAA game. CS:GO is a AAA game, Counterstrike is just a mod.

just tell me why is runescape not a AAA game if it is so popular?
    It's all about the budget, Q. Eventually this will sink in. Then again you'll probably just go on another tangential rant about quality guaranteeing more amusement.

you can finish "crisis" in 5 hours because its only a graphic demo you can play every single game of these kind of games for years: "counterstrike,arma2,HON,Tremulous,baldursgate 2 "
    None of those games are AAA games.

you can finish "crisis" in 5 hours because its only a graphic demo
    And yet it's a AAA title.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    No, pong is NOT a AAA game. I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim otherwise, until just now.
    pong was a AAA game back in 1972 and the wikipedia article prof this.

maybe pong isn't a AAA game today "2012" but its the same with ETQW in a 2012 point of view ETQW isn't a AAA game.

but HON and Counterstrike are AAA games.

ETQW was a AAA game back in 2007 like pong was a AAA game back in 1972!

but in fact HON is today a AAA game!

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    AAA status is determined mostly by the hype the game precipitates among the public. That's often directly connected to the size of a game's marketing budget, although not always.
    because of the HON hype HON is a AAA game! and no there is no ETQW "hype"

also there is a Counterstrike "hype" because of this counterstrike is also a AAA game "Today"