Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013: A Good Year For Open-Source AMD?

Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    OK, will do that as soon as I find out how to make a VBIOS dump.
    This approach worked fine here (R770).

http://tirdc.livejournal.com/7704.html

Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    ...should he be banned already?
    Yes, please ban him.

Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    As Qaridarium is constantly breaking the forum rules 1 and 2:

...should he be banned already? I mean I can't be the only one who is completely fed up with this shit and it also severely damages the image of the forum.
    I brought that same thing up a few months ago, but I don't think Michael cares about people breaking the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    I brought that same thing up a few months ago, but I don't think Michael cares about people breaking the forum rules.
    In my point of view Bridgman insult and hurt Linux and Open-source users many times and if you stand up against this you break a Linux forum rule?

He has earned my contempt hard.

I plead on: guilty for myself for hating Bridgman!

there once was a time in the past I thought a "AMD-open-source-linux-manager" is for open source and linux ... but i was naive.

naive because his work is to keep Linux small and insignificant his job is to keep the costs "low" to make sure catalyst and 3D workstation can spend more money on Closed-Source and "Windows" and DRM and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    In my point of view Bridgman insult and hurt Linux and Open-source users many times and if you stand up against this you break a Linux forum rule?

He has earned my contempt hard.
    bridgman is hardly the only person you've attacked.

Anyway, if Michael doesn't care to enforce the forum rules, then really there are no forum rules. So you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Are you sure you are enabling power profiles ? Which profile are you using -- either mid or low should be OK on most HD3200 systems.

http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature#...gement_Options
    Oh, by the way, may you please look into this bugreport? https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43114
    Maybe I do something wrong?

bridgman is hardly the only person you've attacked.
    I'm so sorry for the others,,,,,,,,,NOT! what do you expect? should i cry like a child and beg for forgiveness?

mens are "hard" and "rude" and they walk off with it

also Bridgman should be proud of his enemies and maybe his colleagues are proud about his skill in fighting against open source fan-boys ?

Anyway, if Michael doesn't care to enforce the forum rules, then really there are no forum rules. So you're fine.
    maybe he holds back his feelings who knows ? maybe its his way to give his opinion and feelings a voice without announce it by him self.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    also Bridgman should be proud of his enemies and maybe his colleagues are proud about his skill in fighting against open source fan-boys ?
    Someone has a high opinion of themselves. It's you.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't give you a second thought when he's not on these forums.

Does every fcking thread have to end like this? Guys there is a function called "Ignore List". Use it!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Hmm, that doesn't sound right. There should be significant differences between profiles.

There are some systems where the vendors only added a single power setting in the VBIOS (which means more complex code is needed in the kernel driver) but I didn't think we had those with HD3200. Might ask you to file a bugzilla ticket with a VBIOS dump, will see what agd5f suggests.

Power management doesn't seem to be one of those areas that community developers work in for fun (as libv pointed out recently) so we might have to go back and give that code another kick.
    I don't think thats fair at all, the problem is the hw is capable of doing much more, so if I spent 2-3 months making dynpm better, it would all be thrown away when we actually get to what the hw can do. The fact I know what the hw can do means I've no incentive to work on half-assed approaches just because AMD don't want to tell anyone that their pm hw works nearly exactly like the nvidia pm hw.

Dave.