Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
    http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...BY-GOG20120520

PTS run from my livecd, so anyone can reproduce the results.
    I did a quick diff of xorg.0.log.

Michael:
    Code:
    (II) Module exa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    	compiled for 1.11.3, module version = 2.5.0
    	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 11.0
    (II) RADEON(0): KMS Color Tiling: enabled
    (II) RADEON(0): KMS Pageflipping: enabled
    (II) RADEON(0): SwapBuffers wait for vsync: disabled
    Pontostroy:
    Code:
    (II) Module exa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    	compiled for 1.12.1, module version = 2.5.0
    	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 12.0
    (II) RADEON(0): KMS Color Tiling: enabled
    (II) RADEON(0): KMS Pageflipping: enabled
    (II) RADEON(0): SwapBuffers wait for vsync: enabled
    It looks like you are running with SwapBuffers wait enabled and getting better results?

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
      I did a quick diff of xorg.0.log.

It looks like you are running with SwapBuffers wait enabled and getting better results?
      I turn it on for last test (etqw-demo 1920x1080) with SwapBuffersWait off etqw-demo segfaults after 10-12 sec.

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

I turn it on for last test (etqw-demo 1920x1080) with SwapBuffersWait off etqw-demo segfaults after 10-12 sec.

http://openbenchmarking.org/system/1...770/Xorg.0.log
        What about the other tests? Do they also crash?

Get a backtrace from the segfault and report to xorg/mesa guys.

I've got a 4850 available for testing here but never ran mesa from git.

Edit: Have you tried the latest git revision or the one Michael has used?
        Last edited by log0; 22 May 2012, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
          What about the other tests? Do they also crash?

Get a backtrace from the segfault and report to xorg/mesa guys.

I've got a 4850 available for testing here but never ran mesa from git.

Edit: Have you tried the latest git revision or the one Michael has used?
          Only etqw-demo has problem, other games and test runs fine.

I build livecd with lastes mesa-git, xf86-drivers-git, kernel-git every 14-20 days for over a year (lastes build includes mesa-git 20120518), I tweaked mesa,kernel and drivers for maximum performance and do some tests, and have never seen so lightsmark showed less than 100 FPS, how Michael get 63 FPS, I do not know.
          The-May-2012-Open-Source-Radeon-Graphics-Showdown radeon-tweaked does not show the the real data, certainly not for the HD 6770.

Comment

I build livecd with lastes mesa-git, xf86-drivers-git, kernel-git every 14-20 days for over a year (lastes build includes mesa-git 20120518), I tweaked mesa,kernel and drivers for maximum performance and do some tests, and have never seen so lightsmark showed less than 100 FPS, how Michael get 63 FPS, I do not know.
            The-May-2012-Open-Source-Radeon-Graphics-Showdown radeon-tweaked does not show the the real data, certainly not for the HD 6770.
            I'd test with latest mesa and report the segfault.

I'll do a run with your live cd. From here? http://www.gearsongallium.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lakerssuperman View Post
              On the newer oss drivers that support the vdpau state tracker, vdpauinfo reports that acceleration is in place and works.
              On my pc with radeon 9550 `mplayer -vo xv` works much faster than `mplayer -vo vdpau`, though my cpu is slow.

Comment

Originally posted by bug! View Post
                On my pc with radeon 9550 `mplayer -vo xv` works much faster than `mplayer -vo vdpau`, though my cpu is slow.
                Why are you surprised? It's one extra layer compared to XV, it can never be faster until it accelerates the codec well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  its obsolete because in my system there isn't a /etc/x11/xorg.conf at all and there is also no xorg.conf.d
                  Problem:
                  you want to enable (2D) color tiling -> you need a xorg.conf (or xorg.conf.d)

Fact:
                  you don't use something -> it's obsolete

Solution:
                  you don't use (2D) color tiling -> it's obsolete
                  (2D) color tiling is obsolete -> you don't need a xorg.conf (or xorg.conf.d)

problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                    LOL very funny... someone should write a nice GUI to turn on stuff like PCIe2.0 or color tiling.

or even better a withe list to turn on the stuff automatically ..

yes i know no one do have time for usability stuff-----
                    I thought we have "driconf" for years already.

Comment

Wasn't able to download your live cd, server wasn't very responsive. I did a test run with Ubuntu 12.4, xorg-edgers and I am getting the same results as Michael.
                      OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Would be interesting to figure out how you've got over 100fps

Comment

Working...
                      X