Thread: Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland Officially Arrives

Default Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland Officially Arrives

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland Officially Arrives

Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland has been officially released with many new features to enhance the Linux benchmarking experience...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA3MzA

I just installed this on my machine running Ubuntu 11.10 and it just hangs on "Available Tests" when I do a list-tests. Running tests by specifying the names seems to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    I just installed this on my machine running Ubuntu 11.10 and it just hangs on "Available Tests" when I do a list-tests. Running tests by specifying the names seems to be ok.

Are you on a firewall / proxy / slow Internet connection?

None of the above. I waited some 5 minutes and still no luck.

None of the above. I waited some 5 minutes and still no luck.
    Hmmm strange, the only thing along the code-path for list-tests where it could be hanging would be network related... All tests can be viewed anyhow at http://openbenchmarking.org/tests/pts

I'll keep trying, with different PCs to see if this was just a temporary failure.

I tried to install World of Padman but it returned a PHP error near the end. Apparently it tried to allocate 1,6GB or ram:

Code:
    Phoronix Test Suite v3.8.0

To Install: pts/padman-1.1.0

Determining File Requirements ..........................................
        Searching Download Caches ..............................................

1 Test To Install
            3 Files To Download [619.83MB]
            612MB Of Disk Space Is Needed

pts/padman-1.1.0:
            Test Installation 1 of 1
            3 Files Needed [619.83 MB / 39 Minutes]
            Downloading: worldofpadman.run                            [550.23MB]
            Estimated Download Time: 34m ......................................PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1696625324 bytes) in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/pts_network.php on line 72

I tried to install World of Padman but it returned a PHP error near the end. Apparently it tried to allocate 1,6GB or ram:

Code:
    Phoronix Test Suite v3.8.0

To Install: pts/padman-1.1.0

Determining File Requirements ..........................................
        Searching Download Caches ..............................................

1 Test To Install
            3 Files To Download [619.83MB]
            612MB Of Disk Space Is Needed

pts/padman-1.1.0:
            Test Installation 1 of 1
            3 Files Needed [619.83 MB / 39 Minutes]
            Downloading: worldofpadman.run                            [550.23MB]
            Estimated Download Time: 34m ......................................PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1696625324 bytes) in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/pts_network.php on line 72

What distribution are you using? You're encountering some really strange issues.

Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64 with Unity-2D, on Athlon II X4-630, 785G, 8GB DDR3-1333 all at stock speeds. Using integrated graphics HD4200 with latest catalyst 12.2. I have some PPAs enabled, but not Xorg-edgers, or anything else that could impact the system in some way.

Funny... UT2004 demo failed to run. I can't seem to find an error log. Is there any kind of meaningful error logging in PTS?

Note: Strange thing is that I did a clean install of catalyst 12.2 the other day, but PTS reports these versions: fglrx 8.95.3 Catalyst 11.10, OpenGL: 3.3.11554

Hey, I ran PTS on a few more different systems and -list-available-tests option simply doesn't work. I tried it on Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04 on the system mentioned earlier, on a Pentium G840 with H61 mobo and on a mac mini through VirtualBox. It must be a network problem or server configuration issue. Are you blocking -list-available-tests requests to certain countries/ips or something like that?

Next thing to test is PTS 4.0 and other distros and see if the problem remains.

Edit: Ok, that was weird. The request finally came through after about 7 minutes or more and now I can see the list. Still, I don't think it's normal to take so long to display a list of tests.
    Last edited by devius; 05-18-2012 at 08:18 PM.