Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New NVIDIA Linux Binary Driver Released

Phoronix: A New NVIDIA Linux Binary Driver Released

NVIDIA has released the updated 295.53 binary Linux display graphics driver for GeForce and Quadro hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Since...

Since this is just a bugfix release with new support for new hardware, can we get a update in the distribution repositories without having to wait for the next release of the distribution?

Comment

Did it fix anything? I am still having crash in the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Since this is just a bugfix release with new support for new hardware, can we get a update in the distribution repositories without having to wait for the next release of the distribution?
        It depends on your distribution...

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          It depends on your distribution...
          Since it is graphics drivers we are talking about, i don't think any distribution waits for its next release to update these. I may be wrong, though.

Comment

Originally posted by mikejuni View Post
            Did it fix anything? I am still having crash in the machine.
            It didn't fix anything that would cause crashes, at least nothing worth mentioning in the release notes.

Comment

Gt650m

With bumblebee, this driver and 650M, it doesn't work for me :
              [ 1703.731166] NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 295.59 Wed Jun 6 21:19:40 PDT 2012
              [ 1714.543375] NVRM: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x26:0xffffffff:1170)
              [ 1714.543385] NVRM: rm_init_adapter(0) failed
              [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA GPU at PCI:1:0:0.

Comment

Working...
              X