OpenCL Gallium3D State Tracker Merged Into Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille View Post
    I i understand it correct CLover doesn't depend on Gallium3D. E.g. for the new AMD cards you get direct the LLVM Code.

BTW: On the mailing list are now the OpenCL patches for r600g.
    Clover still uses the Gallium API to communicate with the drivers even when it is passing LLVM code to r600g.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      Just a question.

Is there still fragmentation in the state trackers. I mean do we still need differenst state trackers for nouveau and different for radeon???
      There aren't different state trackers for different chips. There are existing state trackers for video, OpenGL, OpenVG, etc. as welll as OpenCL now. However, each hw target (GPU or CPU) needs asic specific code to translate into asic specific commands.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        There aren't different state trackers for different chips. There are existing state trackers for video, OpenGL, OpenVG, etc. as welll as OpenCL now. However, each hw target (GPU or CPU) needs asic specific code to translate into asic specific commands.
        thanks for the answer and sorry for the misunderstanding from my part. i was under the impression that the HW specific code had quite a lot to do with the state trackers.

Comment

Congratulations to all people involved in this big milestone!

Comment

Working...
          X