Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Japan shut down ALL Nuclear Power plants:

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default Japan shut down ALL Nuclear Power plants:

    http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/151283

    yes its just a test because of safety problems in the nuclear power plants but they plan to opt out the nuclear power completely.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northwich, UK
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Interesting. I read the same article and came to a completely different conclusion.

    The reactors are shut down for their periodic refuelling outage. In most countries, this lasts for as long as it takes the refuelling and maintenance work (which can't be done during power operations) to be done, and then the station is restarted, usually for an 18 month cycle.

    In Japan, things are different. They require a complete revalidation of all systems before the government gives permission to restart. This can take anything up to (pre-Fukushima that is) 5 months! Quite why they take so long, when nearly every other country in the world, who operate reactors, can get the same inspections and validation done in 1 month is beyond me.

    Currently, the IAEA is in Japan, double checking the stress tests that the Japanese have performed on the Ohi unit 3 plant, prior to the plant restarting.

    I expect more plants will restart in the coming months.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shielder View Post
    Interesting. I read the same article and came to a completely different conclusion.

    The reactors are shut down for their periodic refuelling outage. In most countries, this lasts for as long as it takes the refuelling and maintenance work (which can't be done during power operations) to be done, and then the station is restarted, usually for an 18 month cycle.

    In Japan, things are different. They require a complete revalidation of all systems before the government gives permission to restart. This can take anything up to (pre-Fukushima that is) 5 months! Quite why they take so long, when nearly every other country in the world, who operate reactors, can get the same inspections and validation done in 1 month is beyond me.

    Currently, the IAEA is in Japan, double checking the stress tests that the Japanese have performed on the Ohi unit 3 plant, prior to the plant restarting.

    I expect more plants will restart in the coming months.
    Sure they will restart the nuclear power plants because they need it.
    Japan do not have the infrastructure like Germany. Germany do have a big number of "cold-offline" power plants and the germans can reactivate it.

    right now the Japanese people need every power plant even its a nuclear power plant.

    but Iím sure the Japanese will quit nuclear power later.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    the japanese now plan a Referendum to shut down all nuclear power plants forever.

    http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/151405

    they already do have the signatures of more than 300 000 people.

    and only 200 000 are needed.

    i think on a long time they follow the germans and drop the nuclear power.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/151415

    Fukushima is not save cold anymore it hits the thermal runaway again 82 Grad C they can not hold the save 80C .

    the source of this dangerous thermal runaway is not know yet.


    however the stupid USA now build a new nuclear power plant but in fact they can't control a single one.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/151415

    Fukushima is not save cold anymore it hits the thermal runaway again 82 Grad C they can not hold the save 80C .

    the source of this dangerous thermal runaway is not know yet.


    however the stupid USA now build a new nuclear power plant but in fact they can't control a single one.
    cripes you're an awful poster

    first... the actual temperature isn't known. ONE thermometer went as high as 89 and the OTHER TWO remain in the 40s. the likely situation is that the one thermometer is damaged, but they're responding with more water injections so you can relax for now.

    second... how is the US "stupid" for allowing a new nuclear plant, especially one with the approved design? The country actually *HAS* energy needs you know and these ancient reactors are going to have to be retired some day. "They can't control a single one." WTF? That's like saying every airplane is out of control as long as it's not grounded. Everything has risks.


    More to the point of the thread... Japan is in a pickle. They have only three of 54 reactors online right now, and with public opposition being high, it's going to be hard bringing any more reactors back online. (And, admittedly, this seems like a good decision since there will definitely be a major, major earthquake near the Tokyo region in the coming years (very soon).) Last summer was somewhat mild so they were able to get by without significant power interruptions. This summer there will be far fewer nuclear plants generating electricity (they've brought a few older power stations back online to pick up some of the slack) and if it's really hot, they might be feeling a pinch.

    It also isn't clear what their future plans are in this regard. There is this push to get vehicles off of gasoline and onto the electric grid (since Japan doesn't really have a domestic oil supply), but they're not going to be able to move all that traffic onto the electrical grid without substantially increasing capacity. Instead of increasing capacity, they're losing capacity by shutting down the nuclear plants.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    especially one with the approved design?
    there is NOOOOOOO save and good design. Germany prove this long time ago!

    even a thorium reactor is risky the Germans prove this long time ago!
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernkraftwerk_THTR-300
    the Germans also check ALL other "modern" concepts a Fast Breeder nuclear for example: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernkraftwerk_Kalkar

    All Good energy concepts are not nuclear atom splitting based .

    for example for a modern cold fission based solution Rossi-energy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

    and the most GREEN energies beat nuclear power plants in cost efficiency and life time and safety.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    It also isn't clear what their future plans are in this regard.
    this is wrong a lot of Japaneses come to Germany to watch the super mega big offshore wind mills. Japanese plan to licensing German MEGA windmills 20 MEGA WATT wind mills.

    here the news they buy all they can buy from Germany to get the mega windmill power: http://derstandard.at/1328507736422/...-vor-Fukushima

    the Japaneses rush Germany because of the wind-power knowhow: http://www.mm-erneuerbare-energien.d...ticles/342486/

    one is for sure japan now believe in GERMANY not in the USA!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    there is NOOOOOOO save and good design.
    There is no safe anything.

    this is wrong a lot of Japaneses come to Germany to watch the super mega big offshore wind mills. Japanese plan to licensing German MEGA windmills 20 MEGA WATT wind mills.
    Considering how much of a risk Japan is for strong typhoons, I'd give those offshore wind mills about 1-5 years until a typhoon comes through and topples them.

    one is for sure japan now believe in GERMANY not in the USA!
    Good for them. Is Japan still trying to sell their nuclear technology to developing nations like India, etc.?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    All Good energy concepts are not nuclear atom splitting based .

    for example for a modern cold fission based solution Rossi-energy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer
    Really? The "I have invented that incredible machine that can do x, but I won't show it to you. Just believe me!" thing?

    Did you even read the wikipedia page?

    "If this all sounds fishy to you, it should"
    "In many ways cold fusion is similar to perpetual motion machines. The principles defy the laws of physics, but that doesnít stop people from periodically claiming to have invented or discovered one."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    There is no safe anything.
    you are just wrong! my photoelectric power plant is SAVE!
    and the Rossi-Reactor is also save!
    and most of the windmills are also save.

    there is no Chernobyl or Fukushima with "Save" techniques.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Considering how much of a risk Japan is for strong typhoons, I'd give those offshore wind mills about 1-5 years until a typhoon comes through and topples them.
    the history prove you wrong! because ALL Japanese wind mills survive the Fukushima disaster! and all Japanese windmills also survive ALL typhoons!

    All windmills are MADE for typhoons!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Good for them. Is Japan still trying to sell their nuclear technology to developing nations like India, etc.?
    i don't know. they should not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •