Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: green energy (Germany) beat nuclear energy(France) in cost effiency!

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Photoelectric power plants in Germany now beating 20 nuclear power plants

    The German solar power plants now do have: 22 000 Megawatt in the peak time

    http://www.focus.de/finanzen/news/sp...id_758751.html

    and this means the solar power makes Expensive peak-power-plants obsolete in germany because germany do have a peak at 12 o clock.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    But your base needs to be nuclear.

    70% nuclear, 30% green is about right.
    why nuclear? you can do the same with a wood+alphaKat+Diesel power plant.

    technically nuclear isn't essential.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottishduck View Post
    Hot fusion isn't ready yet. Cold fusion will never exist period.

    Also, you probably oppose "hot fusion" because it would make nuclear reactors highly efficient and low waste. It would almost make nuclear power impossible to criticise. Oh no.
    LOL you beat yourself

    ""hot fusion" because it would make nuclear reactors highly efficient and low waste."

    VERSUS:

    "Hot fusion isn't ready yet."

    LOL...

    and this --->"Cold fusion will never exist period." is just wrong because there are Cold-fusion heating units to buy right now with a positive reputation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

    in fact cold fusion is more "Ready" than hot fusion and nuclear

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    272

    Default

    GE Chief: Nuclear 'hard to justify'

    (Financial Times) -- Nuclear power is so expensive compared with other forms of energy that it has become "really hard" to justify, according to the chief executive of General Electric, one of the world's largest suppliers of atomic equipment.
    [...]
    Thank you Mr. General Electric chief for telling some truth.
    Last edited by Fenrin; 08-01-2012 at 11:18 AM.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrin View Post
    GE Chief: Nuclear 'hard to justify'

    Thank you Mr. General Electric chief for telling some truth.
    That's because being clueless, you come to that conclusion. Wasn't this already established?

    Hopefully, you don't represent all Germans since it seems most from there come to a similar conclusion,

    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/60189878-d...#axzz22JBCf2ku

    Why don't you quote the entire story and look at all the facts? Oh yeah, because you don't so you come to the quick conclusion that 'nuclear power' is mroe expensive or not as efficient or whatever incorrect conclusion you can think of as long as you can pretend these 'alternative' fuels are so much more cheaper. But, it's not a big surprise because Germans are fooled everyday and they don't seem to comprehend what's going on about anything (take a look at the EU/EURO swindle).

    Anyway, one of the best answers or replies to that article was this one:

    "GE accepts that it cant make a safe reliable cost effective nuclear power station, nor can it generate lots of profits from rolling out thousands of them. But it can make a profit out of installing cheap gas stations and a few very expensive windmills that don't make any difference to the fuel burn, but attract an effective subsidy three times the greatest subsidy that has ever been given to any nuclear industry, and which wont be decommissioned at all - just left to rust (as they are in California) when the subsidies vanish because the governments that engendered them are long gone."

    That's right: the subsidies that the other energies get make them cheaper and more attractive. But, most of them need power backup and the REAL costs are not reported or the data is spun so people don't get the actual information. They might be safer (how much, though, is very debateable - especially if looking at wind power such as windmills) but more efficient and more cheaper, is highly debateable and most likely, the answer is 'they're not.'

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panix View Post
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/60189878-d...#axzz22JBCf2ku
    Why don't you quote the entire story and look at all the facts? Oh yeah, because you don't so you come to the quick conclusion that 'nuclear power' is mroe expensive or not as efficient or whatever incorrect conclusion you can think of as long as you can pretend these 'alternative' fuels are so much more cheaper. But, it's not a big surprise because Germans are fooled everyday and they don't seem to comprehend what's going on about anything (take a look at the EU/EURO swindle).
    No, I didn't quote the entire story, because it is illegal to do this. Well according to German law it's even forbidden to quote several sentences and the link.
    The main reason why I didn't share the link above is, because I can only read: "Nuclear ‘hard to justify’, says GE chief By Pilita Clark, Environment Correspondent" on this link (either a FT abo is necessary, or this content is blocked for Germans).

    I can troll as well: US Americans are fooled everyday, blablabla...
    Last edited by Fenrin; 08-01-2012 at 11:48 AM.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrin View Post
    No, I didn't quote the entire story, because it is illegal to do this. Well according to German law it's even forbidden to quote several sentences and the link.
    The main reason why I didn't share the link above is, because I can only read: "Nuclear ‘hard to justify’, says GE chief By Pilita Clark, Environment Correspondent" on this link (either a FT abo is necessary, or this content is blocked for Germans).

    I can troll as well: US Americans are fooled everyday, blablabla...
    So, how is it to live in your police state? It sounds like your police state is on a more severe level than mine.

    I think any rational person would realize I meant the 'whole story' as an expression. Forgive me, though, if I assumed your English was advanced enough. Yes, I meant, to indicate the 'whole story' as in 'here-is-the-link' so when you read the article, you can get somewhat of the whole story or at least a varied perspective. Taking something out of context is not always a good idea.

    But, I didn't know that the German government doesn't allow html links or to post a website in a forum. Must be great to live in a democratic country like Germany with Herr Merkel at the helm trying to help all the other bankrupt EU countries (read: BANKERS) with German Euros or whatever they're printing up to bail them out with. :-) Maybe you'll wake up tomorrow.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    272

    Default

    So, how is it to live in your police state? It sounds like your police state is on a more severe level than mine.[...]Maybe you'll wake up tomorrow.
    I woke up every day so far, since I was born. I'm very grateful for it

    This thread is not about who is in the worst police state.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrin View Post
    I woke up every day so far, since I was born. I'm very grateful for it

    This thread is not about who is in the worst police state.
    Um...ok??????????!?! Not sure what your point is but ok...

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    One day I'll reach Alaska, or die trying!
    Posts
    287

    Thumbs down

    Ugh...just let this pointless thread die. Nothing more of value can come out of it after being infected by Qaridarium.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •