EA Talks About Gaming At UDS: It's Boring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    What the fuck? I downloaded "Origin" from that site, but got nothing but QT library code. It looks like there is not a single file made by EA.

Comment

Open sourced the original Sim City. Wow, awesome.

Are they really talking about the Sim City that I bought in 1988 (it's not a typo I'm talking about a game made 24 years ago) ? The game that was on a single 3"5 floppy disk. A floppy disk is a prehistoric thing of 1,44 Mb, as said for the younger ones that don't even know what a floppy is.

Is it a joke or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post

Are they really talking about the Sim City that I bought in 1988 (it's not a typo I'm talking about a game made 24 years ago) ? The game that was on a single 3"5 floppy disk. A floppy disk is a prehistoric thing of 1,44 Mb, as said for the younger ones that don't even know what a floppy is.

If they really did it, where can I fin this source? I want to take a peek at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirager View Post
          If they really did it, where can I fin this source? I want to take a peek at it.
          Seems like this guy was actually right on this one. Wikipedia says
          On January 10, 2008 the SimCity source code was released under the free software GPL 3 license under the name Micropolis.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
            You guys sure aren't being welcoming. More like uncivilized baboons shouting profanities...
            I might have flung poo had I been there.

Comment

Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
              I might have flung poo had I been there.
              It's a bit harsh, I think .

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
              You guys sure aren't being welcoming. More like uncivilized baboons shouting profanities...
              Well, at least we are honest enough to not to use sugar coat words when shouting profanities.. And not to give a presentation as if the audience are idiots: "Hey, look! We, EA, now have SUPPORTING LINUX! Our FLASH/Javascript based game is now available on Linux. Give me five! Yeah!".

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
                Seriously, what they think of everybody that attend UDS? Idiots that doesn't know that flash/javascript game can be played across OS? I won't call it attention, but mockery. It's like people that didn't want to come to your party, but had to came because you invited him.
                100% agree with you on that buddy. It's insulting my intelligence. Wao, Linux compatible game in web browser. In the browser, in the plugin that won't be supported soon enough(apart from chromium no other way to play flash soon enough). Wao, multi platform. Just WAO...

EA, seriously? We, Linux folks, are proud and actually intelligent bunch. We are not your average dude who doesn't know where @ sign is on the keyboard. And you hang this shit on us? You insult our intelligence like that?

I don't have much hope for Valve at this stage. At least it looks like they actually DO SOMETHING. Porting source engine is no little thing.

I have much bigger hopes for Indie's, God bless them! Unigine, good luck from bottom of my heart. Oil rush so far was a good game.

When we love, we adore, when we hate, we just freakin hatin it.
                Last edited by dimko; 10 May 2012, 10:43 AM. Reason: my english sukzzzz

Comment

I'll welcome any company that makes good games for Linux, respects gamers, and does minimal evil?. I can't welcome EA. Honestly, I'd be more welcoming of Microsoft Game Studios.

I want the source code please. I don't care how old it is.

I think some of us are taking EA's blabberings to personally. I haven't seen anything with their recent Linux blabberings that isn't typical of their regular blabberings to groups they want easy money from.

Comment

2012 is not the year for linux gaming, is the year of indies, I believe is from 2013 and beyond will be the next phase for higher end games. The kickstarters, valve and the EA games are not here yet. They are just the tip of the iceberg.

As long as we keep the momentum going and get more companies and engines to acknowledge and support linux everything will be bright!

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post

Sorry for intervening a little: A floppy (!) is a 1,2 Megabyte wobbly disc with a 5,25 " format. Successor of the 8" floppies. The 1,44 MB were already solid as rock.
                      But I would be actually surprised that they still have the sauce after so many years.
                      (Besides we probably have 10 free clones of this game type already.)
                      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
                      X