Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Look At Why Linux Graphics Drivers Have Issues

Phoronix: A Look At Why Linux Graphics Drivers Have Issues

Here's an interesting look at the state of the Ubuntu bug count as it concerns Linux graphics driver issues...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So, where's the "why" that you promised in the title? I'm just seeing a distribution of graphics related bugs over some modules over time (the latter being pointless without a constant user number, IMO).

Did you listen to the session where this chart was presented? The article is a bit stingy with information.

Comment

Yeah, if this is to have any statistical significance, at least give us the ratio of total bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxAffenMann View Post
        So, where's the "why" that you promised in the title? I'm just seeing a distribution of graphics related bugs over some modules over time (the latter being pointless without a constant user number, IMO).

Did you listen to the session where this chart was presented? The article is a bit stingy with information.
        Damn! was about to write the same
        Maybe we're too stupid to understand Larabel.

Comment

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
          Damn! was about to write the same
          Maybe we're too stupid to understand Larabel.
          It's simple: drivers have issues, because there are bugs.

Comment

Intel is the most bugged, but I already knew it
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

uhhhhm...so why do they have issues? also why does it look like that all drivers have peaks at the same time everytime?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                Intel is the most bugged, but I already knew it
                I would just say, it's mostly used.

One thing I noticed: If you don't want to use MS Windows, stay away from Nvidia hardware...

Comment

Where are they getting these (ridiculously low) numbers? At the moment, there are 289 bugs for fglrx-installer: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...glrx-installer

Comment

Read the chart's title...

Comment

Working...
                    X