Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Begins Their (Sad) Ubuntu Game Push

Phoronix: EA Begins Their (Sad) Ubuntu Game Push

The first native Linux games from Electronic Arts are beginning to appear within the Ubuntu Software Center...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow I already have very low expectations, but this is beyond them, really? this and nothing are almost the same, however, I'm going to download them to show support, but really, I was expecting, at least, something like PvZ, or Zuma, or bejeweled...

ps1: I can't download them yet

ps2: what are those batman pictures on michael twitter? any other suprise?
    Last edited by YaPeL; 08 May 2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I don't really care what games they try to "push." I like to think about it this way: They are now actually paying attention to Linux, even if only a little. It's more attention than they used to pay.

Comment

It appears that they are just testing the waters. I would not feel bad (considering the company we're dealing with) if Ubuntu users gamed the system and installed both games from the SC on their PCs in order to artificially boost the DL stats, even if they have no intention of playing them.

Comment

Originally posted by russofris View Post
          It appears that they are just testing the waters. I would not feel bad (considering the company we're dealing with) if Ubuntu users gamed the system and installed both games from the SC on their PCs in order to artificially boost the DL stats, even if they have no intention of playing them.
          Hey, that's not a bad idea. Time to install Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
            OMG this is fucking pathetic.
            You can say it very loud!

Comment

oups, wer is BF3 Michael Larabel ?
              Ah ...
              Only bullshit

Only EA javascript game on GNu/Linux.

Comment

Amazing, is not even a stand alone game, is just a shortcut, A SHORTCUT TO THE WEB PAGE!!!

Comment

They're just teasing us until they release the big guns. Plants versus zombies!

Comment

At lest it a first step. We as a community should try to show so support for what they are doing. Maybe they will reward us with some better titles in the future. I would love to see the SIM City series make it to Linux. Other then that I can't really think of any other games they have released in the last couple of years that I would be interested in playing..

Oh, and I have tried Lords of Ultima via Chrome. Not a bad browser based game, just lacking any real hold appeal.I played it for about 2 months.

Comment

Working...
                    X