Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Gordon's MojoShader Sees New Mojo

Phoronix: Ryan Gordon's MojoShader Sees New Mojo

There's renewed efforts going into MojoShader, the project by Ryan Gordon for dealing with Direct3D HLSL shaders on non-Direct3D non-Windows platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

does wine use this? if not, i'm sure its more effective than whatever they're using.

Comment

Wine's not using it but I'm sure that whatever Wine does is better than MojoShader.

Plus, Wine needs to do some special shader processing IIRC to get certain states processed correctly.

Comment

deleted

(for limit)

Comment

As is my understanding from the spare description of MojoShader, this is not a run-time tool but rather it is used when compiling code. Thus it is for porting, not for compatibly layers such as wine. However, maybe it would be useful for winelib.

Comment

Originally posted by zerothis View Post
            As is my understanding from the spare description of MojoShader, this is not a run-time tool but rather it is used when compiling code. Thus it is for porting, not for compatibly layers such as wine. However, maybe it would be useful for winelib.
            You mis-read things. This is supposed to allow you to code for HLSL and have it convert it on the fly to GLSL. AMD's got tech similar to this that they gave out the key guts to a while back- it's what they use to code their demos with these days. In the case of MojoShader, it's taking the compiled shader code from HLSL and moving it over to GLSL assembly. In the case of AMD's stuff, it worked at the source level, meaning that you could feed it a shader script and have it present the GLSL compiler in the driver with transformed HLSL code.
            Last edited by Svartalf; 06 May 2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X