A Video Of The Source Engine On Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdx
    We want better videos, we want the game on Linux running on open source drivers and Wayland.
    One of the first requirements for production-ready wayland is being able to run X apps on it.
    So, Wayland here shouldn't really matter here.

In any case, ignore the trolls screaming at the quality, the duration or the equipment you have ... I mean, bitchplease, at least we are able to have a confirmation on such a BIG NEWS !!!
    I imagine that maybe filming during a presentation (and the conditions of such thing) could be annoying. at least Michael was kind enough to provide something, small, but something.

Comment

Originally posted by vertexSymphony View Post
      In any case, ignore the trolls screaming at the quality, the duration or the equipment you have ... I mean, bitchplease, at least we are able to have a confirmation on such a BIG NEWS !!!
      I imagine that maybe filming during a presentation (and the conditions of such thing) could be annoying. at least Michael was kind enough to provide something, small, but something.
      Without a confirmation on Valve's site there is no story.

I've filmed presentations before, you know when they are going to start, you already have the camera ready and snap it on the tripod, pop off the lens cap and hit record.

Now though, this was no big presentation, this looks like it was a one on one in the office, if that was the case why not set the camera on the table, ask a few questions and then turn to the comp and film, in a one on one there usually isn't much of a tight schedule.

So really, I can't fathom why you people stand for such terrible work, if Larabel worked as an actual reporter he'd have been fired years ago. Actual tabloids like TMZ digs up more evidence before running a story. Phoronix looks more and more like it's searching for BatBoy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Boy_%28character%29

Comment

Shaky video is harder to fake

While shaky video conceals fakery in the physical world (as is the case with shaky and grainy bigfoot videos), it makes it harder to fake things in the digital realm. Getting the focus blur, motion blur, auto-iris, and image alignment just right on a digital fake would be difficult.

So, in this case, the shaky iPhone video gives better confirmation than a perfectly-framed video shot with a nice camera would.

Comment

Really guys, really? You really *still* think Michael is faking this stuff?

Anyone else thinks this thread is more entertaining than a Qaridarium one?

Comment

Thank You Michael

I think there's to much hate going on in this thread, so I just wanted to say thank you Michael.
            Thank you for running this site on your own, bringing this news to us and showing us what you are allowed to.
            Thanks for doing the job no one else wants to do. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Going to be back out there in an hour with a colleague for a proper tour and such of the offices... Plus with a present on the behalf of Phoronix readers for the Valve Linux developers.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael, I hope you had read my e-mail last night.

Comment

Originally posted by kwm1800 View Post
                  Michael, I hope you had read my e-mail last night.
                  The one with "....I have some says about recent Valve Linux part." in the subject line? If so, yes. Well I read all my emails anyhow.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                    move to the next tropic
                    Global warming makes the tropic move to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      The one with "....I have some says about recent Valve Linux part." in the subject line? If so, yes. Well I read all my emails anyhow.
                      I see, this alone tells a lot about you and your site indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X