Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol propaganda in Phoronix

After all those hard work, a beer is definitly nothing bad.

Steam on linux? I drink to that

If you boil it then you could have beer-steam whilst using linux...

Quote Originally Posted by rudl View Post
    PROST!

Greetings from Austria. I love Beer. Please continue to make beer pics.

Beer is healthy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Prost!

Maybe I should add "wiesn Frauen" photos to some articles from now on too? I already have some German/Bavarian food photos sometimes (such as with Fedora codename articles), so now if I round out with more wiesn Frauen photos in Phoronix articles, the three pillars are complete.

Sorry Kakao, beer IS sacred
    Didn't you learn your basic food groups in school?!?

(Shamelessly hotlinked, probably won't last long)

Beer is different than most drugs in that you can drink a beer and not get drunk. You can't drop LSD an not trip. You can't smoke pot and 'not' get high. Beer isn't a drug until you drink enough of it for it to be a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakao View Post
    I'm sorry I'm raining on everybody's parade. But it is not harmless. In some people dependency will develop in a few years while in others it will take 150 years so they will die much sooner. There is no smart alcohol use. Alcohol dependency does not consider education level, social class, religion, personality or anything else. Indeed, other than genes, it is totally random. But dependency is not the only problem. Alcohol will make it much more probable to someone to be involved in violence, including domestic and vehicle related. Health problems, including those caused by the fat you talk about, are more likely in alcohol users.
    And we don't give a shit. As I said in another post: Deal with it. If you can't, gtfo.

Beer is different than most drugs in that you can drink a beer and not get drunk...Beer isn't a drug until you drink enough of it for it to be a drug.
    Alcohol is still a drug, even if taken in doses below threshold effect.

You can't smoke pot and 'not' get high.
    Bullsh!t. It took me many (30?) tries before I finally smoked and got high (and I was definitely hitting it hard enough). This "reverse tolerance" is not uncommon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Maybe I should add "wiesn Frauen" photos to some articles from now on too? I already have some German/Bavarian food photos sometimes (such as with Fedora codename articles), so now if I round out with more wiesn Frauen photos in Phoronix articles, the three pillars are complete.
    Kakao, you should take that as a definite, "No!".. /THREAD
    Last edited by DanL; 04-27-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by russofris View Post
    Beer is different than most drugs in that you can drink a beer and not get drunk. You can't drop LSD an not trip.
    you are just full of incompetence! you can stop the LSD tripping instantly!
    in professional medical use they always do have such substances ready.
    10 bis 40 mg Diazepam(Valium) or 5-6g GBL end a LSD trip instantly! because of this LSD in professional usage never go a wrong way!

Quote Originally Posted by russofris View Post
    You can't smoke pot and 'not' get high. Beer isn't a drug until you drink enough of it for it to be a drug.
    what a complete bullshit all modern studies prove alcohol works always as a drug even in tiny dosages.

and all is about dosage if you take less than 25yg LSD you don't get any psychedelic effects! but you can cure headache with such tiny dosages!

also marijuana you can use it in such small dosages without any drug effect.

its like the ""hops"" in the beer in fact you can get the same effect like using marijuana with ""hops"" its just that the european beer hops only do have less than 2% active substance like marijuana 2% don't work there are india versions of ""hobs"" with up to 15-20% of active substances or just extract it! i promise you if you get the right dosage of ""hobs"" you get the same marijuana effect!

why is this so? simple "hobs" are the nearest related plant to marijuana ! FACT! and ALL medicinal books about "hobs" extracts write the same about the effect similar to THC!

in my book of medicine hobs: "sedative, hypnotic" example of source: http://www.land-der-traeume.de/drogeninfo.php?id=33

and yes marijuana is also only a sedative and hypnotic !

but yes stupid people always think they can talk bullshit about drugs.

in fact every beer consumer is a marijuana junkie! but you fool think beer is holy and marijuana is the devil LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    Kakao, you should take that as a definite NO..
    i read this as a maybe... maybe if Michael tastes all kind of beer worldwide and finds a German wife and do have 13 children's with that woman and then maybe he stop writing here on phoronix LOL

and maybe Kakao waits 50 years just to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    Alcohol is still a drug, even if taken in doses below threshold effect.
    I said "beer" is not a drug. By your reasoning, tomatoes are drugs as they contain nicotine and amphetamine.

Bullsh!t. It took me many (30?) tries before I finally smoked and got high (and I was definitely hitting it hard enough). This "reverse tolerance" is not uncommon either.
    I call shenanigans. I find it highly unlikely that someone smoked pot 30 times without getting high. 2, 3 or 4, yes. 30? 30 bowls is about 15 grams, and would have cost you $150-ish. It might be possible if you smoked once every six months for 15 years, though people with reverse tolerance often give up well before then. In addition, I would like to personally evaluate the quality and strength of the weed you smoke, so as to remove any doubt. I'll meet you on the back patio at 4:20.

F