No announcement yet.

Alcohol propaganda in Phoronix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not raining on everyone's parade - The majority of people (especially those that take the time to read sites like this?) are intelligent enough to realise that the odd article on "going out" is not a bad influence.
    I'd be more concerned about your hobby of trolling If you're not...Honestly....Actually...I can't respond without being mean - I'll summarise with "Common sense"

Comment

Michael seems to have some kind of attachment to European culture, specifically German. And in many central European countries people just tend to drink a lot of beer as a part of their everyday lives. And it's usually not about getting all drunk either. And this stuff goes back hundreds (thousands?) of years, so it's kinda like going to China where people eat dogs and being offended about that.

Comment

Posting occasional pictures of beer is completely harmless. However,

Originally posted by Pahanilmanlintu View Post
        And this stuff goes back hundreds (thousands?) of years, so it's kinda like going to China where people eat dogs and being offended about that.
        So, if there was a picture or a mention about Michael eating a dog or two every now and then, you wouldn't mind?

Comment

PROST!

Greetings from Austria. I love Beer. Please continue to make beer pics.

Beer is healthy!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

After all those hard work, a beer is definitly nothing bad.

Steam on linux? I drink to that

Comment

If you boil it then you could have beer-steam whilst using linux...

Comment

Originally posted by rudl View Post
                PROST!

Greetings from Austria. I love Beer. Please continue to make beer pics.

Beer is healthy!!!!!!!!!!!
                Prost!

Maybe I should add "wiesn Frauen" photos to some articles from now on too? I already have some German/Bavarian food photos sometimes (such as with Fedora codename articles), so now if I round out with more wiesn Frauen photos in Phoronix articles, the three pillars are complete.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sorry Kakao, beer IS sacred
                  Didn't you learn your basic food groups in school?!?

(Shamelessly hotlinked, probably won't last long)

Comment

Beer is different than most drugs in that you can drink a beer and not get drunk. You can't drop LSD an not trip. You can't smoke pot and 'not' get high. Beer isn't a drug until you drink enough of it for it to be a drug.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakao View Post
                      I'm sorry I'm raining on everybody's parade. But it is not harmless. In some people dependency will develop in a few years while in others it will take 150 years so they will die much sooner. There is no smart alcohol use. Alcohol dependency does not consider education level, social class, religion, personality or anything else. Indeed, other than genes, it is totally random. But dependency is not the only problem. Alcohol will make it much more probable to someone to be involved in violence, including domestic and vehicle related. Health problems, including those caused by the fat you talk about, are more likely in alcohol users.
                      And we don't give a shit. As I said in another post: Deal with it. If you can't, gtfo.

Comment

Working...
                      X