fglrx 12.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switchable graphics working

at last !!the amd/intel switchable graphics are now working properly with and the battery life seems to have almost tripled

Comment

Originally posted by vegto3773 View Post
      at last !!the amd/intel switchable graphics are now working properly with and the battery life seems to have almost tripled
      May you post model of your laptop please?

Comment

AMD/AMD switchable still not working unfortunately. I'm on an HP DV6 laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
          May you post model of your laptop please?
          hp pavilion dv6-6119tx.
          followed this post to make it work:-
          If you do want to make the switch possible between your Intel and your AMD graphics cards, then this post is for you. If you do not own a AMD hybrid graphic card, please leave this thread, and post your problems in a thread made for AMD single graphic or Intel single graphic. Edit: The solution seems not to work with ATI 5xxx graphic cards, try at your own risk. Warning: Works only for muxless systems. Warning 2: Check if your BIOS is updated, if not update it ! (You will need Windows).

had to place some missing files indicated by
          "glxinfo | grep rendering"

Comment

hp pavilion dv6-6119tx.had followed instructions on a post in ubuntuforums

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
              You can! sell you card, and take an nVidia one. Problem solved
              Will that shitty blob allow me to use my intel HD card for decoding, encoding and XBMC?
              Are flash videos still freezing?
              Tested 1/2 year ago.

@YaPeL
              2) newer had any of this problems.
              as for choppy scrolling in Firefox check if you have smooth scrollinh enabled
              3) try changing video output to OpenGL. everithing works fine with it here on 3 different cards (HD 5570, HD 6570, HD 7750)

Comment

I managed to fix all the problems:

The choppy sound was due to some intel steep energy stuff on the bios

I switched the connection of my monitors and now they work ok (catalyst remember the positions, and resolutions).

I use the flickering option on amd catalyst center, plus, on ccsm on workarounds I checked the option "Fix screen updates in XGL with fglrx" and now it works ok (no flickering + smooth desktop).

To-do: tested amnesia demo, and couldn't make it work on the first desktop without deactivating the second one.

Unredirect Fullscreen Windows have a bug in 12.04 which is a shame since it really kills performance on games.

Comment

still not working on hybrid graphics

Originally posted by v4mpiro View Post
                  AMD/AMD switchable still not working unfortunately. I'm on an HP DV6 laptop.
                  yes this is still crap for hybrids. Though I was not able to run X after installation (dv6 hybrid intel / amd hd 4650) there is one improvement ( compare to one year ago last time I tried ): now the UN-installation work properly and you don't have to fight one hour to get a clean Xserver back. That's better than nothing.

Comment

@pixo:

Have a look here:

Everything rock solid and stable. For htpc, AMD (Fusion) finally is a really good solution. But yeah, we are waiting for month now on AMD to update their amdxvba.h, so that we can support mpeg-2 and h264@high level 5.1.

For features missing, in order to be able to compete with nvidia in the xbmc/htpc world, see: http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=448 (also unrecognized by amd).

Comment

Working...
                    X