Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple radeon cards and debugfs/radeon_pm_info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple radeon cards and debugfs/radeon_pm_info?

Hey, I just added a discreet hd6670 card to a system with a hd4200 IGP, and the debugfs info is only showing up for one card, the IGP.

In /sys/kernel/debug/dri I have entries for 0, 1, 64 and 65, with 0 and 64 being identical, same with 1 and 65 (which only have the "bufs clients gem_names name queues vm vma" entries anyways).

They all seem to relate to the IGP, which is initialized first according to dmesg, so I'm wondering if the debugfs data is only available for the first card found?

This is with kernel 3.2.16, fwiw.

Also, just out of curiosity, anyone know if there are any intentions of adding the radeon_pm_info data to the sysfs hwmon interface?

the debugfs code in radeon doesn't currently deal with multiple cards properly.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      the debugfs code in radeon doesn't currently deal with multiple cards properly.
      Thanks, I did some searching before reading your post and found a patch by Christian K?nig which fixes it in 3.4, and sure enough with 3.4 rc4 it works, but the one specific patch in question also works with 3.3.3, which is sweet.

As for adding the info available via radeon_pm_info to hwmon, if you don't mind me asking, is it just an issue of no dev considering it worthwhile or useful enough to implement, or are there technical reasons why it wouldn't be so simple?
      Just curious.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako View Post
        As for adding the info available via radeon_pm_info to hwmon, if you don't mind me asking, is it just an issue of no dev considering it worthwhile or useful enough to implement, or are there technical reasons why it wouldn't be so simple?
        Just curious.
        It's for debugging purposes.

Comment

Checking the clocks is definitely not a debug action, more of a power user thing. Would it be possible to move the radeon clock and power level info to /sys?

Comment

I agree. (stupid character limit)
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
            X