R600 Gallium3D LLVM Shader Compiler Hooked Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The article doesn't say it:
    It needs exactly llvm 3.1. It won't compile with llvm 3.2svn either...

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      Or maybe in the meantime the shaders aren't compiled at all, maybe they're interpreted or read from punch cards.
      You are half-way right!

r600g doesn't compile shaders to get max potential from the target architecture, it simply retranslates TGSI opcodes for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
        Useless for now, Unigine heaven shows green screen, lightmark does not render a model of the robot, ET:QW receives a segmentation fault.
        R600_USE_LLVM=0 environment variable does not change anything, LLVM shader compiler is used anyway.
        LLVM sharder compiler doesn't have needed texture support ( OpenCL doesn't need textures).
        I have difficulties compiling mesa master, which LLVM branch/commit are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          nice but.... i do not have R600/SI hardware. r600/SI is hd6000 right ?

and also its openCL only for now and my card hd4770 is in the planet obsolescence to not get openCL support. '

R600 = HD2000 HD3000 and HD4000 series. Evergreen = HD5000 and up to the HD6870. Northern Islands = HD6900. Southern Islands = HD7000.

I know you're a fucking idiot but even you know this, now stop wining about your non issue of your GPU "losing support" when you'll still be able to use it with FGLRX 12.7 for 3-5 years and with the OSS drivers for about a decade or basically till it just up and dies and is no longer worth trying to fix again.

Comment

oh great. Q. is in full throttle stupid mode again

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
              LLVM sharder compiler doesn't have needed texture support ( OpenCL doesn't need textures).
              I have difficulties compiling mesa master, which LLVM branch/commit are you using?
              I use trank LLVM-3.2_svn20120421

Lightmark warning message:
              warning: failed to translate tgsi opcode F2I to LLVM
              warning: failed to translate tgsi opcode F2I to LLVM
              et:qw
              pure virtual method called
              terminate called recursively
              Segmentation fault

Comment

Just curious... Is r600 simply not very OpenCL friendly (needing some wierd and ugly hacks?)?

(I roll on Evergreen for now)

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  Just curious... Is r600 simply not very OpenCL friendly (needing some wierd and ugly hacks?)?

(I roll on Evergreen for now)
                  Huh? All I can see here are difficulties with alignment of two project's schedules. Nothing of concern for end users.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                    yes yes i know i need to buy new hardware

"the new opensource hacker slogan "buy new hardware" instead of "write better code""

buy new hardware is always the solution you don't need to write any code you can buy new hardware all the time!

and if you do have a bug? buy new hardware!

new hardware is really to cheap no one write software anymore they all buy new hardware to fix there problems.
                    don't be an ass if you don't have the knowledge to backup your attitude plz, first educate yourself and then whine. now to topic

opencl Support in the HD 4XXX and below is just halfway done in hardware(no driver or conspiracy HARDWARE) which means is not impossible ofc but require some really nasty hacks
                    and emulations (massive hit in performance). evergreen and superior on the other hand offer full support in hardware for gpu computing(no hacks or conspiracy the HARDWARE pieces just are there).

so it makes a LOT of sense to start where the hardware fully support opencl and once finished and tested THEN start to think in how to get done the horrible hacks needed to support previous generations

so for now it won't appear on the todo list since the performance hit is massive enough to be more effective to do opencl on the cpu than in most of the 4xxx cards (maybe excepting the 4870/90 OC cards)

so is not conspiracy or evil corporate agenda is just too hard for a very small gain, so if you need opencl performance an 5700 evergreen card will trash you cpu and hd 4890 together in opencl, so in this case it makes sense to suggest to get a bit better card that offer full hardware support so you can have a noticeable performance gain.

if you can't upgrade or won't upgrade then just wait until clover matures and someone decide to create the infrastructure needed to emulate the missing hardware pieces in the 4000 series GPU(and maybe other GPU's)

Comment

In related news, the The Khronos WebCL Working Group has announced the availability of the first WebCL public working draft - see https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/re...est/index.html

The abstract reads:
                      This Working Draft defines WebCL (Web Computing Language). WebCL is a JavaScript binding to the Khronos OpenCL standard for heterogeneous parallel computing. It enables web applications to harness GPU and multi-core CPU parallel processing from within a Web browser, enabling significant acceleration of computationally intensive applications, such as image and video processing and advanced physics for WebGL games.

Comment

Working...
                      X