Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 18 Might Be A Frankfurter Or Spherical Cow

Phoronix: Fedora 18 Might Be A Frankfurter Or Spherical Cow

After Red Hat Legal caused a delay in the Fedora 18 code-naming process, the list of possible code-names for this "Beefy Miracle" successor have been narrowed down to eight. As expected by now, all of the names are quite peculiar and the Fedora board is trying to decide whether to even continue this code-naming process...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

how about fixing pulseaudio instead of thinking up meat product names

Comment

This is indeed as unprofessional as hell. How hard is it to find some random normal codenames? Pick random flowergarden name (as opposed to walled garden), from which beauty blossoms.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        This is indeed as unprofessional as hell. How hard is it to find some random normal codenames? Pick random flowergarden name (as opposed to walled garden), from which beauty blossoms.
        I personally am tired with this whole codename concept. To me, code names are absolutely useless.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
          For my portal releases I pick Sarah Brightman songs titles as codenames - I do not care what others think about these codenames

Comment

Who would have thought that a naming process open to the general public would degenerate into 4chan-style retardation? Okay, so a lot of people (including myself) probably did, but look how long it took!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirager View Post
              I personally am tired with this whole codename concept. To me, code names are absolutely useless.
              Picking a codename is the best part of a project. At work I'm currently part of projects codenamed "spicy sausage" and "magic banana". They have absolutely no connection to the work involved, but are much more interesting than, say, "data visualisation version 2".

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
                how about fixing pulseaudio instead of thinking up meat product names
                how about fixing pulseaudio instead of posting on forums

Comment

This list is embarrassing, especially as a Fedora user.
                  I agree, the way code names are in Fedora are useless. They do not really symbolize anything about the particular release. The ubuntu codenames are just as silly as "Beefy Miracle" and this list, but at least they mean something to the particular release. They certainly are much better about it than just letting a bunch of random people come up with an idiotic name and voting for them, that is the sad part, people actually voted for them.

Comment

I think that this the exact reason Red Hat council (Do I remember right? I don't have time to check.) took so much time to post the "chosen ones". The poll to drop code names sure is a sign of their frustration. I imagine just how depressing it is to look for a representative names in the sea of such nonsense...

Comment

Working...
                    X