Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst Driver with Ubuntu 10.04 server & 2xRadeon HD6990M

Hi all,
    i have been working on setting up my machine (alienware m18x) with ubuntu 10.04 LTS server edition (64 bit) and i have stumbled on a problem.

when i install the amd driver (12.3) after installing all the requierd tools (like debhelper etc...) the installation completed succesfully.
    however when i reboot my machine it take it about 20 minute to boot the x server.
    in the xserver log it all looks normal (i will attach the logs when i will be at home).

the straingest thing is that if i enable both cards (aticonfig --initial --adapter=all -f) it doesnt boot the xserver at all!.
    in the log i can see that the machine is trying start at all of the resulotion possible and than it says that she didnt found any good screen.

if anybody have any helpfull tips it will be much appreciated!

thanks alot!

In order to user CF you may not use that xorg.conf file, only 1 should be in it (use only --initial and delete the file before). But even when i followed

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

and enabled

amdconfig --cfl on

(crossfire LOGO) i never saw it, maybe you do...
    Last edited by Kano; 19 April 2012, 07:19 AM.

Comment

kind of related problem here.
      if I run:
      Code:
      $ aticonfig --initial --adapter=all -f
      and restart Xserver, it crashes...

following the link given by Kano:
      Code:
      $ aticonfig --adapter=0,1 --cfa
      CrossFire chain added
      Warning: X needs to be restarted before CrossFire changes take effect.

$ aticonfig  --lsa
      * 0. 00:01.0 AMD Radeon HD 6520G
        1. 01:00.0 AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series

* - Default adapter

$ aticonfig  --lscc

Master adapter:  0. 00:01.0 AMD Radeon HD 6520G
          Candidates:  none
      Restart and nothing happens...
      Machine is HP dv6-6174la, OS is Ubuntu 12.04, Catalyst 12.3 (fglrx 2:8.960-0ubuntu1)
      Does CF really work on llano dual graphics in linux?
      Thanks.

Comment

I definitely wrote NOT to combine --adapter=all option with --inititial. Whats so to hard to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          I definitely wrote NOT to combine --adapter=all option with --inititial. Whats so to hard to understand?
          I know. I did this a couple weeks ago, and didn't try again.
          Anyway, that doesn't reply my question :/

Comment

If you can enable CF with win it should be possible to do that same with Linux. If not maybe you can change the main adapter in amdcccle. Up to now i only could verify with aticonfig that CF was active but never saw any speed increase with heaven nor wine (+Rage). Did not test more and can not currently because my board just failed just by changeing the bootorder in the bios. Luckyly it is not my only system...

Comment

Working...
            X