X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing The RadeonHD Driver On Ubuntu

Hi
    I have a problem in order to install the driver how it's described on:
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

when I try to run the command:
    ./autogen.sh --prefix/usr/

I find the error:
    No such file or directory

but I think to have installed all the packages required...

Have you some suggestions?

Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

Comment

It sounds like you're forgetting to change to the directory where the driver source was downloaded.

so make sure you "cd xf86-video-radeonhd" first.

Comment

No it is correct, the debian dir name is different than when you compile is manually.

Comment

I chenged the directory...
          My lines command are:

cico-sail@Cico:~/xf86-video-radeonhd$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/
          and the message (in italian)
          bash: ./autogen.sh: Nessun file o directory (that it's like "No such file or directory"

Comment

Are you using files pulled from the git or the debian package?

Comment

Hi Kano
              I tried also your suggestions on the link "Build fix for Debian[...]" but I haven't the solution :-(
              After that I have insterted the line:
              deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid main
              in the file specified, in the update manager I have an error with this message:
              W: GPG error: http://ftp.de.debian.org sid Release: the follow signatures aren't checked because the pubblic key is not available NO_PUBKEY A70DAF536070D3A1

Sorry..I'm not a developer and these are my first step on linux and Ubuntu.. :-)

Comment

Hi rbmorse
                I get the package with:
                git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd

Comment

That's the one I used, and the install went fine, remembering to make the directory where the git files are located the active directory (cd xf86<tab><enter>) and remembering that

make install

has to be done as root (or sudo).

curious....what happens when you do this (in a user level terminal window):

cd xf86<tab><enter>
                  git pull<enter>

Comment

A gpg error is not fatal, basically just a warning, but you can use (after sudo -i):

for k in $(apt-get update 2>&1|grep -o NO_PUBKEY.*|sed 's/NO_PUBKEY //');do gpg --recv-keys --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net $k;gpg --armor --export $k|apt-key add -;done

Comment

Working...
                    X