Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slackware64 13.37 - external monitor madness

Hardware:

HP Probook 4530s, Core i5 2430M, 8GB ram, Intel HD3000 + ATI HD6490M (switchable graphics)

Slackware 13.37 64bit update to "current" with kernel 3.2.13 (huge),same problems with Slackware 13.37 64bit with 2.6.37.6/3.2.4/3.2.7 kernels

Drivers:

ATI proprietary Catalyst 12.1 / Driver ver. 8.93 (tried all versions from Catalyst 11.8 same thing)

Problem:

Can't get 2 bloody monitors to run with this setup!!!

Symptoms:

KDE System Settings -> Display and Monitor -> Multiple Monitors says "This module is only for configuring system with a single desktop spread across multiple monitors. bla bla"

AMDCCCLE - does NOT have any monitor/display settings.

Setting resolutions and position from System Settings -> Display and Monitor -> Size & Orientation resets both monitors to 1024x768 OR resets external to 1024x768 and keeps internal OK.

Tried ALL xorg.conf setups I could find, no luck, setting Xinerama On in xorg.conf screws System Settings -> Display and Monitor -> Size & Orientation which displays an error message.

Otuput of

Code:
    xdpyinfo -ext XINERAMA
    can be found here:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

How AMD CCCLE looks can be seen here:

xorg.conf here:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Xorg.0.log:

Help!!!

P.S. I have the same setup on a HP Probook 4510s with Slackware 13.37 32bit, custom compiled kernel and Catalyst 11.8 and works like a charm.
    P.P.S. I posted this on another forum and had no luck with it so if you found it there please bear with me .

In order to find the culprit, could you try setting the monitors with the OSS driver? If a bug in the proprietary driver turns out to be the source of problem, then little could be done to help.

EDIT
    Just saw the "switchable graphics"... Looks like a tough one.
    Last edited by Hirager; 18 April 2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X