Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oddest Non-FPS Title Powered By ioquake3

Phoronix: The Oddest Non-FPS Title Powered By ioquake3

When it comes to ioquake3, the open-source id Tech 3 game engine, it's almost always being used for powering a first-person shooter. However, released on Friday was a major update to an open-source multi-platform game running on ioquake3 but is not yet-another-FPS title. However, it's also arguably the oddest game to be powered by this engine that was originally designed for Quake III...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hey, don't call the teenate mutange ninja turtles odd, lol.

Comment

The capture the flag gameplay with third person view reminds me of Quake 3 Rally.

Comment

Disgrace

The quality of the graphics in the attached video reminds me more of Quake1 rather than Q3. It's awful!
        Yet, any opensource game has full dignity to live on, as long as people download and use it!

Comment

Weird

Is this a joke?
          This is just weird!

Comment

Originally posted by TeoLinuX View Post
            ...reminds me more of Quake1 rather than Q3. It's awful!
            What??? Quake 1 has amazing game art, excellent dark and twisted atmosphere and wonderful gameplay. It didn't became a cornerstone of FPS games by being awful :P

Now, back to this TMNT game. Is it just me or the supposed "tails" actually look like dicks? Very weird game indeed

Comment

Originally posted by TeoLinuX View Post
              The quality of the graphics in the attached video reminds me more of Quake1 rather than Q3. It's awful!
              Yet, any opensource game has full dignity to live on, as long as people download and use it!
              That video is of an old version of Turtle Arena (0.5, june 2011). 0.6 improved texture quality.

Comment

Heroes in a half-shell. Turtle power!

Comment

So its not an FPS but a Third Person Shooter? What gives?

I would be surprised if someone creates a game without killing things using ioquake3.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                    I would be surprised if someone creates a game without killing things using ioquake3.

Comment

Working...
                    X