Unigine Engine Looks To Wasteland 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    It's also going to be the game I was waiting for since 98' (when Fallout 2 appeared)! A masterpiece.
    I've never played the Fallout games, but when I found out the lead developer behind Planescape Torment will be working on it, I was sold. Very much looking forward to this title.

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
      That's dissapointing, for sure they will be using native client...
      What's disappointing about it? It was always going to be a text only, turned based, stat heavy cRPG, the kind of game that we haven't seen since Troika went under. Think Avadon: The Dark Fortress with a skill tree and robotic scorpion tanks and three legged hookers roaming Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
        I've never played the Fallout games, but when I found out the lead developer behind Planescape Torment will be working on it, I was sold. Very much looking forward to this title.
        They're available on GOG.com, dirt cheap.

Set in the aftermath of a world-wide nuclear war, Fallout will challenge you to survive i

Download the best classic and new games on Windows, Mac & Linux. A vast selection of titles, DRM-free, with free goodies and 30-day money-back guarantee.

But those are the UK version which removed children because the Brits are such loving parents.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
          What's disappointing about it? It was always going to be a text only, turned based, stat heavy cRPG, the kind of game that we haven't seen since Troika went under. Think Avadon: The Dark Fortress with a skill tree and robotic scorpion tanks and three legged hookers roaming Vegas.
          It's disappointing because if finally it runs under native client and not a direct unity3D Linux binary (that doesn't exist right now), to run the game we must run before another program not related to the game. They can make it prettier and make some launcher that run the game with chrome, or maybe they bundle the game+chrome, but that doesn't change anything.

Also, this means I must install Chrome?

Comment

Says who?

We will be supporting Linux as promised. They are working closely with us to insure this.
            Although we are using Unity this is not an in browser game but an executable file.

Comment

Wonderful, so much linux development! I can't keep up anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
                If you don't want to look back and play old Fallouts from 97 and 98 I recommend you to try Fallout: New Vegas. Some original Fallout developers are responsible for this game and I found it to be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa
                  Says who?

We will be supporting Linux as promised. They are working closely with us to insure this.
                  Although we are using Unity this is not an in browser game but an executable file.
                  https://twitter.com/BrianFargo
                  OK then, it seems they are working on a native solution

But, I feel sorry for Unigine guys, they have a great engine/tools multiplatform solution.
                  Last edited by Khudsa; 13 May 2012, 04:00 AM.

Comment

OK then, it seems they are working on a native solution

But, I feel sorry for Unigine guys, they have a great engine/tools multiplatform solution.
                    What's great about their tools?

Comment

Says who?

https://twitter.com/BrianFargo
                      Where's this quote from?

Comment

Working...
                      X