Installing Linux as a second operating system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Linux as a second operating system

Hello all ... I am currently I a running XP Pro on an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with 2 Gigs of RAM and 750 Gigs on 3 hard drives. Could anyone please point me to a link that will tell me how to install Linux as a second operating system?

Thanks!

Only if you can tell me a good way to cook a two to three pound prime rib roast so it doesn't get all dried out (I only have to feed two people).

Oh....I really recommend Ubuntu....www.ubuntu.com. This post may help:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=232059.

My personal preference is to go ahead and install version 7.10 instead of 6.06...the post is a bit old but still good.
    Last edited by rbmorse; 21 December 2007, 11:53 AM.

Comment

As some people like and some dont like to use ubuntu reason or other i reconmended openSUSE, and i`m using xp and suse in same pc, and usually ready distro knows after youve been installed the windows and makes grub or lilo in that way you can choose after boot the pc witch one of operating systems do you wanna use, if i understand this right.

Comment

I would recommend openSUSE as well. Easy to install, great hardware support, and great gui based tools (YaST and Sax) not to mention the ever increasing software repositories with the suse build system.

Comment

Working...
        X