Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Linux friendly Kickstarter projects

Maia has been fully funded, here's my rundown of it:
    http://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.p...kstarter.1472/

Meriwether has Linux support from the get-go: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-american-epic
    War of the Overworld, same thing: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-the-overworld
    And Limit Theory reached the Linux goal already.

In Project Godus (Peter Molyneux, 22 Cans) update video one of the developers confirmed it has Mac support but that it is also already running on Linux

Video is in latest update (update 13)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/.../project-godus

No mention of linux support on any of their pages that I could find, so I won't support it. I'm not having a go at the poster here - I appreciate that the video may well say that linux is already working (couldn't be bothered checking - sorry), but these days, I'm only interested in supporting a cause that promotes Linux, and far less interested about just getting a game that works on linux.

I wonder why they're shouting about "Mac, PC, Mobile iOS & Android!" but won't mention linux. Perhaps they don't make a distinction in their heads about PC meaning Windows OR linux, but I'm afraid that I do, and I think that linux as a platform needs that distinction too.

Moot point anyway for me - UK Kickstarter doesn't support Amazon payments, so despite pledging to around 15 projects over the past year, I'm now cut off from Kickstarter unless I'm prepared to trust them with my credit card details. Which, for the moment, I'm not. I've emailed them about it, but they haven't deigned to reply in the last fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by scaine View Post
    No mention of linux support on any of their pages that I could find, so I won't support it. I'm not having a go at the poster here - I appreciate that the video may well say that linux is already working (couldn't be bothered checking - sorry), but these days, I'm only interested in supporting a cause that promotes Linux, and far less interested about just getting a game that works on linux.

I wonder why they're shouting about "Mac, PC, Mobile iOS & Android!" but won't mention linux. Perhaps they don't make a distinction in their heads about PC meaning Windows OR linux, but I'm afraid that I do, and I think that linux as a platform needs that distinction too.

Moot point anyway for me - UK Kickstarter doesn't support Amazon payments, so despite pledging to around 15 projects over the past year, I'm now cut off from Kickstarter unless I'm prepared to trust them with my credit card details. Which, for the moment, I'm not. I've emailed them about it, but they haven't deigned to reply in the last fortnight.
    They do mention linux in the FAQ;
    We will be making GODUS for the PC (Windows) and mobile (smartphones and tablets iOS and Android) initially. It seems from some of your comments and private messages so far that you would love Mac and Linux support. We'd love to support both, but we would require more funding than what we are currently asking for. We called it out on our front page, so please if you want a Mac or Linux version, back us and ask your friends to do the same, we will introduce Mac support as a stretch goal when (hopefully) we go above the amount we're asking for. We'd love to do Linux as well but again, we'd have to raise more than the amount we're asking for.
    I'm starting to hate stretch goals which are just trying to suck out more money. Hell, be honest about it and I won't care, but don't treat it like porting to linux is a big deal with you are already aiming for Linux (through Android). Same with iOS and Mac i bet.

They already promise Mac support without any stretch goals: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/posts/366326
    To be honest, there are not many people who believe Peter promises (team even joke about this in video) so it's not easy for 22cans to even meet current goal. They definitely reach 450000 no doubt about this, but any stretch goals above that sum is not going to happen. And to reach 450000 they have to promise Mac support now, without stretch goal. You can already draw some conclusions, even from this bit of information.

Quote Originally Posted by scaine View Post

I don't disagree with you. They could have many reasons for not mentioning it. Perhaps they won't end up supporting Linux. Perhaps they are just holding information back as a way of generating interesting updates.

That being said Linux was mentioned in the update video and that may be of some interest to some Linux users. Quite a few are probably watching the project for signs of Linux life already.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    They already promise Mac support without any stretch goals: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/posts/366326
    To be honest, there are not many people who believe Peter promises (team even joke about this in video) so it's not easy for 22cans to even meet current goal. They definitely reach 450000 no doubt about this, but any stretch goals above that sum is not going to happen. And to reach 450000 they have to promise Mac support now, without stretch goal. You can already draw some conclusions, even from this bit of information.
    Well according to Kicktraq it is currently trending towards 81% of its goal and both the low and high projections are beneath the goal. So it reaching its goal is far from a sure thing: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/22cans/project-godus/

Well I reaaaaally enjoyed FTL so I'm kind of glad that it's being added to Linux.
    Kind of annoyed that shadowrun returns is not being ported as well.