Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Linux friendly Kickstarter projects

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Arakion will have Linux support at launch.
    And I think more Linux users need to support Arakion simply for having Linux support right from the start. Seeing games like Project Eternity make Linux support a stretch goal that is double the initial goal of Windows support (and 600 000 US dollars more than Mac OS support) is a bit of a joke in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureSuture View Post
    And I think more Linux users need to support Arakion simply for having Linux support right from the start. Seeing games like Project Eternity make Linux support a stretch goal that is double the initial goal of Windows support (and 600 000 US dollars more than Mac OS support) is a bit of a joke in comparison.
    Actually Project Eternity are supporting Linux from the start now , as they are going to use Unity FYI.

Liam of www.gamingonlinux.com and www.linux4today.com

Quote Originally Posted by liamdawe View Post
    Actually Project Eternity are supporting Linux from the start now ;), as they are going to use Unity FYI.

It's not really "from the start" if it's 1.6 million dollars later :p

Quote Originally Posted by KameZero View Post
    It's not really "from the start" if it's 1.6 million dollars later
    Okay so bad choice of wording, it's still coming to Linux and won't be a stretch goal.

Quote Originally Posted by KameZero View Post
    It's not really "from the start" if it's 1.6 million dollars later
    I think they were planning on using Unity from the get go so it was "from the start," technically. They wouldn't be able to pay the licenses for all of the middleware in Onyx or afford to port it to both Mac and Linux on a kickstarter budget.

Quote Originally Posted by liamdawe View Post
    Actually Project Eternity are supporting Linux from the start now , as they are going to use Unity FYI.

Now they are, yup. Good for them too. Still took them 1.8 million US dollars to get to that point so it wasn't from the start.

Arakion managed to reach three of its stretch goals after being funded. Nevertheless, what's this?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Now that the campaign is wrapped up there are a few things I want to mention. First and foremost is that since we got so close to the $50,000 being met, and because so many people have said they're going to pledge through paypal, I'm going to go ahead and include Fates Change and Tablet Support in Arakion!
    Guess that's five stretch goals met.

SHAKER: An Old School RPG has Linux support as a stretch goal. But at least it's not double the initial goal... I'll have to monitor that space.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    SHAKER: An Old School RPG has Linux support as a stretch goal. But at least it's not double the initial goal... I'll have to monitor that space.
    Shaker comes off like a scam.

Project Eternity screenshot:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y/posts/326585

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Shaker comes off like a scam.
    What exactly do you mean?