List of Linux friendly Kickstarter projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
    I had to dig into the forums on their homepage to even find linux (or mac, or any platform at all actually) mentioned. Well. its OpenGL at least, but he seems reluctant to promise anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Micket View Post
      I had to dig into the forums on their homepage to even find linux (or mac, or any platform at all actually) mentioned. Well. its OpenGL at least, but he seems reluctant to promise anything.
      Well right from the earlier link
      Some of the important features that we hope to include are a multiplayer version on at least LAN and support for Mac and Linux platforms.
      First impressions from the video indoor was quite meh, until it went to outside world where graphics are quite beautiful...

Comment

• Adding this one, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...63/sui-generis

Comment

• Hello friends!

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption will now support Linux natively, without stretch goals! Lori and Corey Cole, creators of the Quest for Glory series of adventure/RPG games, are designing this adventure with an Australian development company called Brawsome. It's an adventure/RPG hybrid (though more on the RPG side than QfG was) and is to be set in the same land of Gloriana as the QfG series (at least to the extent that the land of Gloriana was the Cole's own invention for running tabletop RPG campaigns, before ever designing video games).

A few Linux backers and I have been corresponding with Corey to help him understand what's involved in a Linux port and the real costs involved, and have convinced him that we, the community, can share QA responsibilities during the beta testing phase, and he's committed to doing all the porting work himself (though Unity will make that very easy, someone has to address any snags along the way). We've worked really hard to gain his trust, and I hope that some of you will at least take a peek.

I hope some of you who fondly remember Quest for Glory will join us and post your appreciation for Linux on the comment thread with us, so they can see how appreciated the support is, and how awesome our community is!

For those who have never played that series, come on and check out a really neat top-down, tile-based RPG with challenging puzzles and branching storylines affected by the consequences of the choices you make. The game will have beautiful cartoon-style hand painted backgrounds (like old-school VGA games used to be, but with updated resolution and color depth), as the tiles are actually big (unlike typical JRPG-style tile arrangements).

Also.. thanks for the head's up on the list before here! Backed 'Distance', 'Maia', 'Sir, You Are Being Hunted', 'Dysis' and 'Super Comboman'!

Comment

• The Ship

the ship was a very awesome but underrated game, now the developers need money for the upcoming the ship: full steam ahead game and they promised to do a linux port if they can get a bit more than 128k

Comment

• Interview of developer of Distance on TLLTS

Game: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...n-arcade-racer
              TLLTS (episode 478): http://tllts.org/rsspage.php

Comment

• Stop adding Sui Generis... FFS
                Will I be able to play on Mac/Linux?
                We want to support both Mac and Linux with native clients. With Mac this should be trivial, we have less direct experience with Linux so would rather not make any promises just yet.
                others

Comment

• Comment

• Interstellar Marines: Prologue is on Unity and has Linux support (marked as "planned" on the KS page). Here's an interview where they talk a bit about Linux support.

While not strictly Kickstarter, StarForge developers say that they will look into Linux support once Unity 4 comes out, which would be now So will have to monitor that space for further developments.

Comment

• Steffen from BetaDwarf, the team developing Forced, was interviewed by TLLTS (episode 479).

The racing game Distance achieved it's funding goal and has added a few stretch goals.

Comment

Working...
                      X