Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crunchy View Post
    This doesn't help me .
    Since you have the exact same card (iirc) your problem should be minor? For me it seems to be working, after a few hrs of 3d usage all is well ...

Anything I can paste/try for you?

Comment

Originally posted by oliver View Post
      Since you have the exact same card (iirc) your problem should be minor? For me it seems to be working, after a few hrs of 3d usage all is well ...

Anything I can paste/try for you?
      I can't think of anything else to try. I do have a different monitor so it must be some combination the driver can't cope with.

Comment

I had the issue with the PreInitDAL on a PCIe card also.

For some reason adding this in /etc/ati/amdpcsdb fixed it. I had it as the first line after [AMDPCSROOT/SYSTEM/MCIL]

DALRULE_ADDNATIVEMODESTOMODETABLE=V1

I rather suspect there's something broken in the parser and there's some sort of mode validation going on. Since I have a widescreen monitor, didn't stick with 7.12, the DALRULE options don't seem to have much effect other than fixing the PreInitDAL failed issue I had.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunchy View Post
          Code:
          [color=red](EE) fglrx(0): PreInitDAL failed[/color]
          I've resolved a similar issue on my X1650 (PCIe) by removing all options from the Device section.

Weirldy enough, the XV overlay is still working (although with the usual tearing and horrendous scaling)

HTH
          Last edited by domi; 07 January 2008, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maligor View Post
            I had the issue with the PreInitDAL on a PCIe card also.

For some reason adding this in /etc/ati/amdpcsdb fixed it. I had it as the first line after [AMDPCSROOT/SYSTEM/MCIL]

DALRULE_ADDNATIVEMODESTOMODETABLE=V1

I rather suspect there's something broken in the parser and there's some sort of mode validation going on. Since I have a widescreen monitor, didn't stick with 7.12, the DALRULE options don't seem to have much effect other than fixing the PreInitDAL failed issue I had.
            This worked for my agp card. However now I get this:
            Code:
            (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found
            (WW) fglrx(0): More than one displays are connected,so clone mode is enabled
            (WW) fglrx(0): ***********************************************
            (WW) fglrx(0): * DRI initialization failed!                  *
            (WW) fglrx(0): * (maybe driver kernel module missing or bad) *
            (WW) fglrx(0): * 2D acceleraton available (MMIO)             *
            (WW) fglrx(0): * no 3D acceleration available                *
            (WW) fglrx(0): ********************************************* *
            (WW) fglrx(0): Textured Video not supported without DRI enabled.
            (EE) fglrx(0): [pcie] Failed to gather memory of size 262144Kb for PCIe. Error (-1007)
            (EE) fglrx(0): atiddxDriScreenInit failed, GPS not been initialized.
            (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
            Edit: Fixed. Lowerd Gart to 128mb. Cannot use native resolution of 1680x1050 however. Thanks for the fix maligor.
            Last edited by Compxpert; 03 January 2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Compxpert View Post
              This worked for my agp card. However now I get this:
              Code:
              (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found
              (WW) fglrx(0): More than one displays are connected,so clone mode is enabled
              (WW) fglrx(0): ***********************************************
              (WW) fglrx(0): * DRI initialization failed!                  *
              (WW) fglrx(0): * (maybe driver kernel module missing or bad) *
              (WW) fglrx(0): * 2D acceleraton available (MMIO)             *
              (WW) fglrx(0): * no 3D acceleration available                *
              (WW) fglrx(0): ********************************************* *
              (WW) fglrx(0): Textured Video not supported without DRI enabled.
              (EE) fglrx(0): [pcie] Failed to gather memory of size 262144Kb for PCIe. Error (-1007)
              (EE) fglrx(0): atiddxDriScreenInit failed, GPS not been initialized.
              (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
              Edit: Fixed. Lowerd Gart to 128mb. Cannot use native resolution of 1680x1050 however. Thanks for the fix maligor.
              according to the modeline generator your monitor has to support a horiz sync of:
              Horizontal sync frequency: 68.26 kHz
              so you'll have to look in your monitor settings and see if it you have a HorizSync line with the maximum that comprises 68.26. if not your resolution more likely couldn't be used.
              ps. THIS MIGHT BREAK YOUR MONITOR. USE IT WITH CAUTION.

Comment

had this bug but managed to get it to go away on my slackware 12 system via the following:

1: DL the script stuff from phorogit

2: built my distribution packages with the phorogit scripts inc

3: ran fglrx-uninstall.sh

4: run sh ati-driver-installer-8.443.1-x86.x86_64.run and allowed it to install

5: ran installpkg and installed the 2 packages i had built

6: left X moved /ect/ati/ "amdpcsdb amdpcsdb.default" to /root/ and removed the /fglrx dir from /lib/modules/

7: rebooted into bios and set AGP Gart in the bios to 128

8: restarted and booted into slack and ran startx which initially gave me the PreInitDAL failed error again but dident lock X up switched back to console and hit ctrl+c to close x

9: ran cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log > xorg.log

10: restarted X at which point both root and user could sucsessfully run withought any errors.

Hope this at leaste helps some of you
                Last edited by Async; 04 January 2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Async View Post
                  had this bug but managed to get it to go away on my slackware 12 system via the following:

1: DL the script stuff from phorogit

2: built my distribution packages with the phorogit scripts inc

3: ran fglrx-uninstall.sh

4: run sh ati-driver-installer-8.443.1-x86.x86_64.run and allowed it to install

5: ran installpkg and installed the 2 packages i had built

6: left X moved /ect/ati/ "amdpcsdb amdpcsdb.default" to /root/ and removed the /fglrx dir from /lib/modules/

7: rebooted into bios and set AGP Gart in the bios to 128

8: restarted and booted into slack and ran startx which initially gave me the PreInitDAL failed error again but dident lock X up switched back to console and hit ctrl+c to close x

9: ran cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log > xorg.log

10: restarted X at which point both root and user could sucsessfully run withought any errors.

Hope this at leaste helps some of you
                  Yeah the whole problem seems to be in amdpcsb. I fixed mine with what mailgor said in his post.

Comment

Originally posted by Compxpert View Post
                    Yeah the whole problem seems to be in amdpcsb. I fixed mine with what mailgor said in his post.
                    i tryed that first but it just locked X up hence going all round the house's to get it working ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by Async View Post
                      i tryed that first but it just locked X up hence going all round the house's to get it working ^.^
                      Ugh, the amdpcsdb "fix" removes the PreInitDAL failed error but I get a black screen and have to reboot using Magic SysRq keys. I've tried different AGP Apeture sizes but it didn't help.

Looking at the log it seems that I now have the "widescreen" bug, ie it's trying to set 1280x1024@75 which I think my LCD monitor should be able to do, I'm not sure what is causing the lockup.

Comment

Working...
                      X