Catalyst 7.12 - PreInitDAL failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
    of what i've seen in my xorg log it seems that fglrx disables the tv output when nothing is connected to it. i don't know if it searches for it when it is connected later, but this might be reason.
    what i can suggest you is to emerge once again the r1 ebuild (out on the 24 of december) and try using that one. of what i've seen there has been some changes in the ati-powermode.sh and might be that the preinitdal was corrected. also be sure that the opengl is set to ati (eselect opengl show). for me the preinitdal showed with the first ebuild but then went away.
    The r1 ebuild didn't help my PreInitDAL error.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunchy View Post
      The r1 ebuild didn't help my PreInitDAL error.
      i really think that your ati board is possessed by an akurei (a japanese evil spirit)....

i really think that you can turn back to 8.433 and mask the 8.443.1-r1 ebuild so that you avoid installing it again.

Comment

I've gone back to 8.35.5 for now as it actually does: detect my card as AGP, runs at 1680x1050 and doesn't have a memory leak .

Comment

I've gone back to 8.35.5 for now as it actually does: detect my card as AGP, runs at 1680x1050 and doesn't have a memory leak .
          doesn't your board work with 8.40.4 also?

Comment

Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
            doesn't your board work with 8.40.4 also?
            Look at this part of his message.

.... and doesn't have a memory leak .
            That would appear to be his reason for going back to 8.35.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Compxpert View Post
              Look at this part of his message.

That would appear to be his reason for going back to 8.35.5.
              8.40.4 didn't have a memory leak that was the new code base from 8.41 I think. 8.40.4 thinks my card is a PCIE card and so AGP never gets setup, performance is very bad.

Comment

8.40.4 didn't have a memory leak that was the new code base from 8.41 I think. 8.40.4 thinks my card is a PCIE card and so AGP never gets setup, performance is very bad.
                have you tried telling fglrx the bustype (Option "BusType" "AGP")?! maybe forcing the bustype it would read it.
                and if that doesn't work then maybe it's better to stick with 8.35 if it works. i don't have agp so i cannot answer if they're supported in the right way or not.

Comment

Crunchy:

I got mine to work, I had the PreInitDAL error initially aswell, but after using the other port, and lowering my gart in the bios from 512 to 256 it appears to work normally.

Hmm I also may have commented the "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" option in my xorg.conf so it's back to the default (false i reccon). That's all i changed to get my X1950Pro AGP (512MB) to work (so far, wether it 'really' works remains to be seen as i haven't done much except 2d and glxgears

Comment

here's a few notes, at least with my install... FGLRX 8.44.3 does not have issues with memory leak, works in multiple monitors on opengl, although vlc will not render with opengl enabled and set to render on the second monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver View Post
                      Crunchy:

I got mine to work, I had the PreInitDAL error initially aswell, but after using the other port, and lowering my gart in the bios from 512 to 256 it appears to work normally.

Hmm I also may have commented the "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" option in my xorg.conf so it's back to the default (false i reccon). That's all i changed to get my X1950Pro AGP (512MB) to work (so far, wether it 'really' works remains to be seen as i haven't done much except 2d and glxgears
                      This doesn't help me .

Comment

Working...
                      X