Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 17 Continues In The Tradition Of Delays

Phoronix: Fedora 17 Continues In The Tradition Of Delays

Another go/no-go meeting was held today within Red Hat's Fedora camp and they have decided to push back the beta release of the Fedora 17 "Beefy Miracle" by another week, which is now pushing back all other F17 milestone targets by an additional week, including the final release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well I for one am glad that Fedora takes QA seriously unlike some others that are so date bound they'll release knowing there's major flaws

Comment

no they do not . you cannot get proper QA with a six month release cycle. even debian is shipped with known critical bugs.

Comment

I can wait another week for the beefy goodness. It is disappointing to see the date slip but it's a whole lot less disappointing than a broken release.

Comment

Does not really matter to me, as most of the machines I want to upgrade are too mission critical to touch until the summer anyway.

In the end, I never get how anyone can really get annoyed about all of this, as long as the final result is actually stable of course.

Comment

Totally fine with me.
            Fedora releases have been solid for me. It's been a like 4 years now since I've messed with Ubuntu but they always had major bugs the first couple of weeks after release.

Like a previous poster said, it was silly of Canonical to push Ubuntu 10.10 out on 10/10/10 just because of the date and not because it was actually ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
              In the end, I never get how anyone can really get annoyed about all of this, as long as the final result is actually stable of course.
              Likewise. If releases are delayed every time, it suggests poor planning - but users tend to be a lot happier with a good release a few weeks late, than a flaky one delivered on time.

Comment

Working...
              X