No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 7.12 Linux Driver -- The Baby's In Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody been able to get a widescreen resolution working like 1440x900?

Regards

Andr?

Comment

• Originally posted by fettouhi View Post
      Has anybody been able to get a widescreen resolution working like 1440x900?

Regards

Andr?

Until the next release I fear .

Comment

Regards

Andr?
        2560 x 1600. Native monitor resolution, as per monitor EDID.

Not on a laptop however.

Comment

Regards

Andr?
          You can probably solve your problem by adding a modeline in your monitor section.

To find out which modeline to add, do the following in a command console:

For 1440x900 at 60hz (for a tft screen)
          Code:
          gtf 1440 900 60
          Copy and paste the modeline into your monitor section in xorg.conf

Comment

• Should I bother?

I guess the question is this:

I am running a ATI x1650 Pro with driver 8.40.4 (or whatever, the 8.40 one) and everything works pretty smoothly. Should I upgrade to 7.12 just to get AIGLX? Is it worth it?

Comment

• Is it worth it?
              if it's not broken - don't fix it. golden rule when it comes to ati drivers.

Comment

• WTF is ATI doing?
                Now I can't even use my 1400x1050 resolution anymore....
                It seems they have some major quality control issues! So if you're reading this ATI, just drop me a message...

I got so fed up with the ATI s&*t that I switched my desktop machine to nVidia and I switched back my laptop to vesa. No compiz but I got suspend back! And it just works. Take a hint from that ATI.... I really liked you ATI but you keep delivering drivers that are only getting worse...

Comment

• they should just rewrite their driver from scratch instead of doing everything at once. which will get them nowhere fast.

too bad it's not possible with a proprietary solution, though :/

Comment

• Widescreen is working fine for me. Using 1280x800 with an X700M and opensuse10.3.
                    Haven't had any problems yet, except for powerplay giving me display corruption.
                    3D apps work ok, and 2d is faster too.. specially in firefox.

Comment

• misnomer

Originally posted by kmolazz View Post
                      Widescreen is working fine for me. Using 1280x800 with an X700M and opensuse10.3.
                      "Widescreen Bug" is a misnomer. The driver has a problem with certain non-vesa resolutions (1680x1050, 1440x1050, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                      X