Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 169.07 Linux Display Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA 169.07 Linux Display Driver

Just in time for the holidays, NVIDIA has released a new Linux display driver, which is a stable version of their previous 169.04 beta last month. In addition, the new NVIDIA 169.07 Linux driver has a few changes, while most of the release highlights were already found in the 169.04 release. We are preparing additional Linux tests with this new driver, but for right now we have the details on this proprietary display driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi. Its a non-issue, but could you correct the 'release notes and download link' to 'NVIDIA website' in the last para of the article to the 169.07 page (it points to 169.04 as I see at the moment .) Thanks, and happy holidays.

Comment

Texture corruption.

As with the previous beta, i still have texture corruption in Unreal Tournament engine based games like Americas Army 2.5 and Unreal Tournament 2004.

Comment

hi
        i have noticed a performence loss in glxgears didnt have the time to test games:
        i have a 7950GT
        100.14.19 : around 18000 fps
        169.07 : around 15000 fps

Comment

Originally posted by un1xer View Post
          As with the previous beta, i still have texture corruption in Unreal Tournament engine based games like Americas Army 2.5 and Unreal Tournament 2004.
          Did anyone else notice this? My UT2004 is running perfectly without any hitches with the 100.14.19-driver. I'll skip the 169.04 driver, if its a widespread bug among other systems.

Comment

Now I'm experiencing strange white textures instead of smoke on e.g. rockets in UT2004. And the fan seems to be a bit too busy.

Comment

I have a strange problem with this driver and my 8800gts.The problem is that the gpu fan is very noisy.I have go back to 169.04 which is very stable for my card.

Comment

The "fan at full throttle" thing is a known bug (#379270), Nvidia are already working on it.

Comment

Working...
                X