X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    I never knew AMD censors his brains.
    Originally posted by Silverthorn View Post
    Since Bridgman is a part of AMD and AMD are the license holder, they can do anything they want with the source code (and the disassembled code) as long as it complies with company policies, legal department and so on.
    That's the point: AMD is not the license holder for all of the fglrx code. There's third-party code included. It if where that easy we had seen at least some code copied and adjusted from fglrx to rX00g.

bridgman, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you tell that the fglrx team is not allowed to show you any code?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthorn View Post
      Since Bridgman is a part of AMD and AMD are the license holder, they can do anything they want with the source code (and the disassembled code) as long as it complies with company policies, legal department and so on.
      I think the idea is that if someone sees the fglrx code and it sticks to his/her subconscious, and then that person goes to implement the open source driver, they may unintentionally copy ideas or code from fglrx to OSS. There are, therefore, internal safeguards against the OSS devs being totally exposed to the FGLRX code.

Comment

Working...
      X