No announcement yet.

Trine 2 Linux Client Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I try to launch it I can set my settings in the launcher, please "Start Trine 2", but then get a black screen and I am kicked by to the desktop.

Here is my terminal outputs:
    Code:
    [hamish@Griffindor bin]$ /usr/local/games/Trine2/trine2.sh
    Changing working directory to /usr/local/games/Trine2
    [hamish@Griffindor bin]$ nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout

[hamish@Griffindor bin]$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/games/Trine2/lib/lib32
    [hamish@Griffindor bin]$ ./trine2_linux_32bitAL lib: ALc.c:1879: exit(): closing 1 Device
    AL lib: ALc.c:1808: alcCloseDevice(): destroying 1 Context(s)
    Assertion 'pa_atomic_load(&(b)->_ref) > 0' failed at pulsecore/memblock.c:589, function pa_memblock_unref(). Aborting.
    Aborted (core dumped)
    [hamish@Griffindor bin]$
    My question is has anyone gotten this working on the free drivers yet? They are not officially supported by Frozenbyte according to the readme, but that was true of their previous titles as well. If no one has yet managed to get it working, I will take it as red that is the problem and sit on it for a little while and wait for it to start working (it took a little bit of effort to get Trine running initially after all). If someone has gotten it working, I might try to talk with their technical support again.

Comment

Trine 2 seems to be working fine with r600g here. The crash you're seeing does not seem to be related to graphics at all?

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
        Trine 2 seems to be working fine with r600g here. The crash you're seeing does not seem to be related to graphics at all?
        Do you use a 32bit or a 64bit system because I can't run it with r600g on a 5770 here on my 64bit system

Comment

It's a 32-bit system.

Comment

I am not sure if it is graphics or not, but I could not pin it down to anything else.

Are you running the latest git drivers or system supplied ones though? I am just running the stock ones that ship with my distro.

I am running Fedora 16 (32 Bit) and my graphics card is a Radeon HD 4670.

EDIT: I lowered the graphics settings and made it run in a window and it loaded properly now.

EDIT 2: I have isolated the problem to be completely specific to it running full screen. I guess I should report this to Frozenbyte.
            Last edited by Hamish Wilson; 13 April 2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Seems to already have been reported:

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                EDIT: I lowered the graphics settings and made it run in a window and it loaded properly now.

EDIT 2: I have isolated the problem to be completely specific to it running full screen. I guess I should report this to Frozenbyte.
                In this thread there was already someone who had the same problem and who posted that same workaround.
                Also in this thread I had posted that with r600g it works before you asked.

To the game itself... Sure, the artwork is great, but some things get increasingly annoying to the point where I actually don't want to play it anymore.

The pseudo-fullscreen is nice where it pretends to be fullscreen while NOT disabling the second screen. What is not so nice is that it doesn't catch the mouse.
                While fighting with the knight or drawing things near the edge I keep clicking on the other screen and thus minimizing and pausing the game.

I can't really play with 1920x1080 with r600g for performance reason but I wouldn't necessarily blame the game for that.
                But: The pseudo fullscreen with a smaller resolution creates artifacts around the game. At first it is black as it should probably be, but when the game was minimized some parts of the wallpaper appear as artifacts.

Either I have just massive input lag and I don't notice it directly or there are many parts that are just hard because the jumping is hard to control. I sometimes really wish the characters would jump more like super mario.

If you die right after that part you are going to have a bad time (little spoiler?):

I have not seen a good way to get up there except changing to the wizard and placing a crate on the right leaf so it comes down and allows me to jump up on the left, all while not getting killed by that purple things from the right...

All in all a great game, but some really off-putting elements.

Comment

I have added Trine 2 to the Radeon Program page over at the XOrg wiki:

The performance is actually pretty good, although I am only playing it in an 800x600 window.

Although it does make my GPU heat up more than any other game I have ever encountered...

Comment

I'm really disappointed that Frozenbyte didn't push out native 64bit binaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                      I have added Trine 2 to the Radeon Program page over at the XOrg wiki:

The performance is actually pretty good, although I am only playing it in an 800x600 window.

Although it does make my GPU heat up more than any other game I have ever encountered...
                      I noticed that latest git (or at least git from a week ago) gave me a big boost in Trine 1. I would guess the same goes for Trine 2 but I haven't done any testing yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X