Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentoo 12.1 Released With ZFS Support

Phoronix: Gentoo 12.1 Released With ZFS Support

Coming out of the Gentoo camp is the Gentoo Linux 12.1 LiveDVD release with several new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

you are aware the install wizard is an april fools joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
      you are aware the install wizard is an april fools joke right?
      Considering that the wizard "Requires a Linux-supported webcam for interaction" I don't think anyone will fall for that one

Comment

Gentoo ftw !

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
          Considering that the wizard "Requires a Linux-supported webcam for interaction" I don't think anyone will fall for that one
          you would think....

Comment

Useful as live repair or installation media. Ah, good old Gentoo was always booting somehow, even when other distros failed. Probably due to ambitioned graphical installers, they all messed up on the ECS G320 (Via C3 and CLE266) but Gentoo just booted with plain text or a plain VESA console.
            I might get it if I should really need it (emerging stuff live might be useful if you need some special package for repairs, if that is not on GRML) but Gentoo users are rarely excited about "releases" of Gentoo since we have rolling release all the time. Still a good demo for people who want to try out and see the current state of Gentoo or as a quite reliable live CD/DVD for whatever purpose you need a live Linux.
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
            X