A Message From Valve's Gabe Newell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keegdsb View Post
    What about TTimo? Didn't he just leave id?
    Left id to work with another company doing non-FPS games, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
      Yeah, but even trolling idiots come out and say "April Fools!" after about 50 people are like :OOOOOOOOOOOOO REALLY????

Michael has repeated dozens of times that it's NOT April Fools.
      It's an April Fools joke ON him, not BY him. If a company wants to fill a position, they're going to post ads at industry-specific job sites, not have the CEO send out an e-mail to a tech news site asking if they have any leads.

Comment

Originally posted by alcalde View Post
        It's an April Fools joke ON him, not BY him. If a company wants to fill a position, they're going to post ads at industry-specific job sites, not have the CEO send out an e-mail to a tech news site asking if they have any leads.
        I've been told (and seen a small bit of first-hand evidence) that a lot of openings are filled through this sort of informal networking before the job description is even properly written down, let alone posted as an ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          confirmed. This is not an april fools joke or any other joke.
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
            Yeah, but even trolling idiots come out and say "April Fools!" after about 50 people are like :OOOOOOOOOOOOO REALLY????

Michael has repeated dozens of times that it's NOT April Fools.
            And he'll keep saying it till April 2nd. Either He's trolling us or Valve is trolling him.

Comment

Would that convince you all?
              No. Not at all.

Comment

For all the doubters, when I'm at their offices (in April) hopefully they'll let me record a Phoronix video with I and Gabe confirming the Linux client work... Would that convince you all?
                Sounds good Michael. Hope you can deliver.

If you can confirm this news, then I'd be interested in you writing up how you came across the first lot of news years ago regarding steam/source engine coming to linux and (if you know), why it took so long to get to this point of being publicly acknowledged by Valve? Assuming it's real, and you get your video of course...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                  I see - few minutes ago get second e-mail, this time by Mike Sartain. He talk the same about Rayn, and ask me advice somebody else. So this time I recommended Alternative Games.
                  Though, if the job requires moving to the US, I doubt the Igios folks are interested either...

Comment

Daniel Vogel still works at Epic but he used to work with Loki and built several Linux ports.

Comment

Why nobody mentioned Unigine team here yet? They have successfully developed a modern engine which runs well on Linux. Even though they compete with Valve in some way, they might help - bringing Steam to Linux will likely benefit them, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X