Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute For Linux 3.4: DMA-BUF PRIME Support

Phoronix: Last Minute For Linux 3.4: DMA-BUF PRIME Support

David Airlie has a last-minute pull request for the Linux 3.4 kernel following last week's main DRM pull. This latest Git pull request is set to introduce DMA-BUF PRIME support in the mainline kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is no work in radeon drivers?

Comment

Seeing as the fglrx binary blob works with switchable graphics I guess there is less need for this with Radeon but seeing how much r300 & r600 gets hacked on by community members I'm hoping this won't be an issue for long

Comment

It's a pretty minor amount of work to add support in radeon. No one has gotten to it yet.

Comment

I so looking forward to this

I'll finally be able to use my fancy Radeon card under linux - I've not even tried the binary blob - I've just been booting in to Win7 for games which fortunately isn't too often

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
            It's a pretty minor amount of work to add support in radeon. No one has gotten to it yet.
            Thank you I'm very interested in CrossFire through DMA-BUF (if it will be possible) or at least to the ability to switch between the APU's GPU and the dedicated GPU for my next desktop computer.

Comment

Working...
            X