Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD 7850 drivers?

Default AMD 7850 drivers?

I've got one in my system and none of the open source drivers or the original AMD drivers exist....

I should have done my research before purchasing, I've learned my lesson.

Anyone know when these are expected to come out?

I'll ask internally, hold on...

Any news on the drivers?

What I've found out so far is :

- the 8.95 release (Cat 12.3) includes support for HD 7870 but not HD 7850
    - an 8.951 release which includes HD 7850 support (and HD 7750/7770) just exited QA in the last day or two
    - the Catalyst folks are going to post the 8.951 Linux driver but I haven't heard back yet re: when it will go up

I hope it comes out soon, I've already got my third monitor ready and everything.

I've now had this card collecting dust for a week... I really don't wanna return it but it seems that AMD isn't going to release the drivers anytime soon.

They should have more than 4 people working on this.... I understand the linux community is small but this much is pretty bad.

There are a lot more than 4 people working on it -- the in-house open source driver team is 4 AMD developers plus a number of community developers, but we're talking about the proprietary drivers which come from separate teams inside AMD.

I pinged the Catalyst folks again today re: posting schedule for the 8.951 driver.

Thank you for the update and sorry if I seem impatient. Also its not like Nvidia has much linux drivers for their newer cards.

ETA for web posting is Wednesday (Mar 28). I expect it will be another off-cycle release so don't know if it will have a Catalyst version number, but 8.951 is the internal version you're looking for. There will probably be an associated Knowledge Base (KB) record.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're only a day away.

tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, amd shall release these drivers that day.

Can't wait to finally use my card.