• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History: Duke Nukem Forever Teaser

Download HD version:

Watch stream of normal version:

It's not Linux related but history related

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    You know, it might end up being Linux related in the near future...IF they ever get around to shipping it...

Comment

IF they ever get around to shipping it...
      What do you mean? It is coming soon, when it's done. And it's done when it's done! I don't think it will take much time anymore. I guess the release will be around 2163-2164 already.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        What do you mean? It is coming soon, when it's done. And it's done when it's done! I don't think it will take much time anymore. I guess the release will be around 2163-2164 already.
        It's taken them certainly long enough- that's why they have earned being synonymous with vaporware. If the in-game stuff looks as good as that, I'll try and see if I can't hit 'em up to clean up the code for a port- if Ryan doesn't beat me to it. It's not like I'll be very far from their offices...they're in the town next to mine.

Comment

Svartalf, I'm Green of envy (no pun intended to that other company)

Edit

On another note, is it me or does Duke this time around looks too much like Sam (from Seroius Sam)? Or is it the other way around? I don't remember Duke looking that way in Duke Nukem 3D or the other two horizontal scroller games, though.

Edit 2

Reading your comment again, Svartalf, are you implying they are using UE3?
          Last edited by Thetargos; 19 December 2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

They are not using UT3, but an own engine originally based on an UT engine. It looks pretty much like the id Tech 4 engine to be honest.

Comment

I'm not sure of the many engines the game has had, I lost track when it was using Unreal Engine 2. To my knowledge they've used Quake 2 (id Tech 2), Unreal Engine and Unreal Engine 2 for this game (as it was last announced). I suppose they are now using a modified version of UE2 or UE3 for it. At one point it was speculated that they also chose the Quake 3 (id Tech 3) engine, but I couldn't find any reference to that.

At any rate, if the game could potentially be ported to Linux (and probably at least the two higher end consoles) maybe 3D Realms will have a chance to see some of the money thus far they've invested in this perennial "phantom" title.

Comment

Working...
              X