Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cairo 1.12 Released With Major New Features

Phoronix: Cairo 1.12 Released With Major New Features

At a time when new graphics libraries are popping up like Enesim, Fog, Azure, and others, there's a major new release of Cairo. The Cairo 1.12 2D vector graphics library was released on Friday after being in development for the past year and a half and it introduces several major features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was expecting to browse a bunch of PTS benchmarks, along with this article.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      I was expecting to browse a bunch of PTS benchmarks, along with this article.
      Followed by a bunch of complaints about how those benchmarks are useless because of factors a,b,c,d,e,f...

Comment

and it features font- & other corruption on display:

hope they'll figure out what the cause of the issue is

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
          and it features font- & other corruption on display
          That's not the point. I believe this is supposed to be faster corruption than what we had before.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            That's not the point. I believe this is supposed to be faster corruption than what we had before.
            yeah, seems you're spot on

I still see some minor corruption e.g. the font on tabs in firefox - but these only occur randomly

weird stuff

well, at least cairo 1.12 works now somehow usably

Comment

Working...
            X