No announcement yet.

Early AMD Catalyst 12.3 Linux Drivers Seep Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they fix the input lag when using vsync in games? If not, when will they fix it?

Comment

Look here if you get the Unsupported Hardware or Testing Only watermarks.

Comment

They're unstable to the point of crashing the X server randomly when something tries to create an OpenGL context.

Comment

has XvBA support improved in this version?

The only OpenGL apps that I use is XBMC and kwin. And unfortunately
          XBMC with xvba msupport currently cannot play H264 video with profile > 4.1.

Comment

"currently" - hahahaha

Comment

Hey Kano, don`t make fun of the h264 issue :-)
              Btw. Any news on your HD5XXX hardware trying the new xvba release with 12.4 beta?

Bump for the bugtracker: http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=448

Comment

Well, I've good news for those having flash full-screen problems. It seems Catalyst 11.4 (OpenCL beta) solves the problem of stuttering in Full-Screen flash videos. Tested with a HD4650 AGP + Opera + KDE4. The only problem some people will have with this driver is the watermark. I had to replace /etc/ati/control and /etc/ati/signature files after a clean installation of Catalyst 11.4 beta, in order to remove the watermark.

Cheers
                Last edited by evolution; 26 March 2012, 04:43 PM. Reason: missing text

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  "currently" - hahahaha
                  Well, one could always wish. I'm stuck because my liux XBMC player is installed on a laptop
                  (for low power consumption + noice, and fast booting).
                  And my latop uses an AMD HD 4200 graphic cards .

Do you know if there is a way to add NVIDIA (or any better supported media video chip)
                  to the laptop?

Comment

Wow these "12.4" drivers rock! They fix every problem I had with fglrx. They are stable they are fast zoom,zoom. But back to my old set of drivers as I cannot stand the watermark.

Comment

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
                      Wow these "12.4" drivers rock! They fix every problem I had with fglrx. They are stable they are fast zoom,zoom. But back to my old set of drivers as I cannot stand the watermark.
                      DUDE! Didn't you read the earlier posts in this topic?!

Just Do It!

Comment

Working...
                      X