Nouveau Project Has Huge Surprises Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    There's also another potentially interesting development within the Nouveau camp. On IRC, a NVIDIA employee was actively recruiting Nouveau developers to try to join the company.
    Note that if that happens, the developers would most probably not be allowed to work on Nouveau anymore. So this isn't a good thing.

Comment

I rather think nvidia has a secret for the OSS world, as there's yet another mystery, namely the early arrival of the first Kepler code. The two events are probably connected.

Comment

I rather think that nvidia has a secret for the OSS people, as there's yet another mysterious event, namely the early arrival of some patches in the kernel tree, only just after the launch (and a disguised patch about CRTC 2 and 3 even earlier). The two events must somehow be connected.

@ RealNC: I think developers will rather refuse the offer if it means that they can't work on Nouveau. No need to be worried yet.
        Last edited by AlbertP; 22 March 2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
          @ RealNC: I think developers will rather refuse the offer if it means that they can't work on Nouveau. No need to be worried yet.
          Who in his right mind would not want to work for NVidia?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            some rich FOSS taliban with coding skills good enough to develop graphic drivers

Comment

How many rich foss taliban are there?
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Someone who doesn't appreciate the company?

Comment

I'm not very keen on working for them since that would spell the end of me working on Nouveau, as much as I enjoy it. Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
                    I am sure its possible they'd sign some sort of an NDA and keep their nouveau work separate from the work they do for NVIDIA itself. That might be a sensible thing if its permitted.

Comment

Working...
                    X